List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

no one can :frowning:

Interesting twist on BMW

If in the last 6 months.

2 Likes

Bmw dealerships have 2 different payoffs they can pull. One is the dynamic price buyout, the other is the contracted residual price buyout.
I dont think the 6 month rule is necessarily true.
Dynamic price factors MMR amongst other things.
Not sure if this is more recent over the past few weeks but have definitely seen it.
Below is an example of a lease maturing in 1 month pulled with both Dynamic Buyout and Contracted residual buyout. Contracted residual payoff is the same as customers payoff.
Dynamic would have cost the customer $1000s more.

4 Likes

Why the 2 different payoffs? I have that 2019 X5 ending 10/31 and I know what my payoff is - so if I try and sell it to the dealership (Lord willing my Jeep shows up before then), they will pay the ‘dynamic’ price?
Sorry if that’s a silly question.
I feel like this is going down to the wire for me :rofl:. I’m considering buying it out just so I can have more control since I don’t yet have another vehicle.
But, of course, the local BMW would LOVE to have it. … or so they tell me on paper, email, phone calls…

Did Hyundai Motor Finance start allowing third party lease buyouts? I’m working with ALGO on my 2022 Sonata Hybrid and they’re saying Hyundai is allowing third party buyouts now.
Also appreciate any inputs on ALGO and if anyone has worked with them. Thanks!

Here is Algo’s review thread.

Re: HMF, I personally haven’t seen anything come up on LH, but that doesn’t mean their internal policy hasn’t changed to allow buyouts.

1 Like

Several months ago, I helped a friend sell their leased Hyundai Tucson to ALGO, so it’s not a new policy.

1 Like

Any updates on the Volvo policy? Approaching lease end and thinking about selling.

As far as we know, Volvo’s policies have not changed. The first party is still the only person who can buy the lease.

3 Likes

@p2m did you ever go through with this? Does HMF allow third party buyouts now?

HMF has always allowed buyouts, but because it takes them 90 days to mail the title (except to their own dealers), no one wants to do business with them.

Sorry for the late reply! I did sell my 1yr old sonata hybrid lease through ALGO. The process was seamless. Just got a letter from HMF last week that my car was purchased by ALGO and my lease account is closed.

1 Like

Awesome, glad to hear that. Thank you for reporting back!

1 Like

Driveway is telling me that they can buy out a BMW lease- do you think that is possible?

If it is, I can actually flip my expiring lease without losing any $$$

They have multiple BMW dealerships so most likely they can.

1 Like

Does Ford Motor Credit let ford dealers buy out leases

The ford dealer here in IL - said you gotta buy it out and pay sales tax on it and then sells us the car?

did the rules change or something

If I remember right, there’s a rule that you have to go back to your originating dealer if it’s near.

original dealer was in PA

Ford always had an issue with leases.

1 Like

Also no buyout on the last 6 months of lease agreement.