List of Lenders that Allow for Third-Party Buyouts

Yes rodo sometimes has successful transactions. They also often don’t. Hence the grain of salt.

I agree. You will never know until You try.

Thats the way I am trying to understand in California

I talked to CarMax and they said it depends on how Acura sends you the title. In some cases I can be resold without paying sales tax. In other cases, I have to register to DMV get a new title and pay sales tax.

Now if I knew how Acura operated in CA it would solve a lot o problems.

California has a process for refunding paid sales tax if you resell immediately.

Very few dealers will accept a lessor released title that isn’t in your name, which is what you’ll get from acura.Acura.

Keep in mind that you can sell to any acura or Honda dealer without buying it out first. Some large dealership brands (autonation for example), can buy out your lease at any of their stores and process it through their sister acuea/Honda store as well.

1 Like

Could you describe the process for refunding the sales tax, especially if its sold to a dealer or company like Shift?

1 Like

Chase (JLRFG) also does not charge more for 3rd party (06/15/2021) You have it listed as Mazda but may want to add. trying to find more information

It’s there! Subaru (Chase) does not charge either. Chase has been consistent on that so far.

8 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ford Sold Me A Leased Car - Now They Want It Back

I’m trying to decide what to do with my Subaru Outback. The lease is up in May, I could probably get $8,000 more than my agreed upon buy out if $18,000 or so residual value.

The issue I have is finding a suitable replacement car to lease. My Subaru dealer has a Jeep sister dealership. Perhaps I can hack a new Jeep GC or Jeep GC L. Then take the $8k and find my wife a decent deal on something.

I may just extend the lease and hope the market normalizes by Nov 2022.

Check out the big 4xe thread.

Yeah I’ve thought about it.

There are good numbers in there on gc orders too

Mycarauction wants $800 as an “Acquisition fee” to process my MB buyout. They claim MB is really difficult. Does that sound reasonable?

Guess it depends. Seems high but considering you have almost no other options for MBFS 3rd party buyouts thats probably the going rate. Beats buying it/paying sales tax/ waiting on a title.

Anyone confirm if TFS is still allowing third-party buyouts (ie. CarMax?) I’m hearing yes and no. Trying to help my brother offload his Highlander.

1 Like

People often say “Toyota stopped” but don’t specify if they’re talking about TFS or SETF. SETF stopped a while ago.

3 Likes

Yea but nobody seems to have a definitive if TFS did. Saw that someone sold a Highlander to carmax in Oct so I’m thinking they might not have

Thats my point. People say Toyota thinking tfs but actually are referring to setf

2 Likes

TFS never stopped.

1 Like