Liquid Savings and CDs - Where Do You Keep Your Cash?

Fdic gives me zero confidence so doesn’t really factor into my investment strategies.

They have insufficient reserves and if they were a private insurance co they would have been shut down years ago for insolvency. Congress saved them during the last crash.

When this next crash happens, and it will, it will be the perfect time to push their CBDC on the masses. The dollars days are limited

1 Like

are you posting it because you’re proud of getting below market rates???

Marcus by Goldman Sachs. Base rate is 3.3%. I’m getting 4.3% for all of 2023.

You get 1% above the base rate (for 3 months) for every person you refer upto 5 people a year. I referred 4 people and am good for 12 months for 4.3%. The app is very easy to navigate.

1 Like

I’m not following…

“Base rate is 3.3%”
“You get 1% above the base rate for every person you refer”
“I referred 4 people and am good for 12 months for 4.3%”

So basically for every one person you refer, they give you 1% above the base rate for 3 months.

https://www.marcus.com/us/en/savings/referrals

Ahhh, you left the “3 month” increment out. That makes much more sense. I’ve contemplated going with Marcus but the rate wasn’t the absolute best. The 1% for the referrals is a good bonus.

1 Like

I think everything is right around 3 right now…unless you jump through hoops.

3.8 capital one. They don’t have any stipulations at all

I will check it out, Im at 3.3 or maybe its a bit higher now. Sure you feel the same way but moving a decent amount of money around is a bit nerve wracking and in the end maybe a few hundred extra a month. if it was a few percent then i would take the time.

1 Like

Anyone else still buying T Bills?

Which type of account? Mine is still at 3.3%.

i literally posted a 4.25% account about 10 posts up. there are dozens of other straight 4% or greater savings options out there at the moment.

i was going to but since the 3-mo rate is hovering around the savings rate at the moment i went that route. once the rates start going up i’ll head back on over.

1 Like

Have you used or are you used that Redneck Bank? The website looks like something I would’ve created in High School LOL. I’m just hesitant to put a large amount of money into something that looks sketchy, let alone something that I’ve never heard of in my life.

Agree with the stance of the T Bills. I bought in when it was still 9.xx%, primarily for my son’s 1st birthday rather than the money sitting in a savings.

Did you read the fine print?

Performance savings. I’ve had them awhile and have a good amount in there. Called and said I was switching and they gave me a higher rate last month. Maybe that was the trick? I’ll try and find out

1 Like

Yep, same account for me. Interesting. I’ve been a Capital One customer for a long time but the savings account is newer. I’ve always really liked Capital One and I would prefer to stay with them.

1 Like
  1. Earn 4.50% APY when you have up to $15,000 in your account. Amounts over $15,000 will earn 0.50% APY.

:eyes:

1 Like

I have CapitalOne at 3.3 as well (360 performance savings)

Do they automatically bump you up? I opened a couple months ago at 3%

Typically, yes, Capital One will bump you up to (their) current rates.

1 Like