Liquid Savings and CDs - Where Do You Keep Your Cash?

10% from a flipper in this market isn’t nearly high enough for the current risk reward.

I don’t see the value in munis and lots of risk considering most states are basically insolvent.

2.24% yield… seems like trash to me

You need to do some research on the Munis. They are tax free and the issuers have the power to tax to pay off the bond. They’re paying 2.4% for a reason.

4.75 no penalty cd

3 Likes

Hmm someone needs to raise some quick cash. Starting to get a little spooked.

I did a lot of reading last night on svib and it seems they were fine until Peter thiel told a bunch of clients to pull their cash. These were startups that legally were supposed to keep their money in that bank. I guess they figure better to fight legally later and have the cash now.

Zero hedge has an interesting conspiracy theory. Yes rush people do conspire…

Who benefits most from QE? Who’s has been getting crushed lately with rising rates? The usual suspects. Banksters

It was 4% 2-3 days ago.

1 Like

VUSXX is only US Treasury,

1 Like

Ally has also been offering people to get out of their leases early recently. Maybe to get some liabilities off the books? They’re def one of the top 10 banks in trouble right now…

3 Likes

https://www.axios.com/2023/03/11/silicon-valley-bank-paid-bonuses-fdic

2 Likes

This is not your typical flipper. It’s a mutually beneficial relationship and I’m perfectly fine OK with 10% when I’m in first position.

You’re correct, I had it round the wrong way.

1 Like

Yikes. I’ve got a good chunk of money with them, wondering if I should pull it now

yea i was about to load up there, might just do citi take the little hit

So the fdic pays the employees 1.5x salary and hourly workers double? That’s govt for you…

Yes I know banks “fund” it through insurances but ultimately the govt guarantees shortfalls.

Supposedly they are all fired. 45 days left of pay. 8.5k workers worldwide.

1 Like

While I do not jump up and down about 1.5x salary or hourly workers double…in theory you could bring in outside workers or consultants on an hourly rate who would take 3.5x longer to do the same tasks due to institutional knowledge or the way all the systems work. It’s honestly a better solution for the next 90 days.

3 Likes

Makes more sense. I thought of it as more severance and they would be sitting around doing nothing for 45 days. But I guess they will still be winding down operations etc.

Same I’m thinking of moving it.

nothing to fear, the Fed is here (to bail you out while being subsidized by the US taxpayer).

https://wolfstreet.com/2023/03/12/silicon-valley-banks-uninsured-depositors-bailed-out-crypto-signature-bank-shut-down-all-depositors-bailed-out-senior-execs-fired-all-shareholders-some-bondholders-bailed-in/

They’re saying $25 billion. I’m reading it’s more like $600 billion in exposure. Might be to settle markets tomorrow then contagion starts.

If you thought you lost $3 mill. Then had access to that 3 all the sudden. Would you keep it in that bank? Plenty of people will be pulling funds from risky banks to put into stronger ones. Just another wealth transfer to strengthen the big players.

Fun fact. Sivb cao worked as cfo of Lehman starting in global risk management. Before that Arthur Anderson (Enron). quite the track record and a jpmorgan insider, jp benefitting greatly in this collapse hence stock was up 3% Friday while all other banks in the shitter.

1 Like