LH Business Model Ideas

no its not. its war. us vs them.

i’m very surprised about how there’s talk in this thread of making dealers less miserable. we should be making dealers MORE miserable, not less.

1 Like

All of the best deals I’ve done have included the salespeople and their managers smiling along with me on what we achieved together. Mutual respect, not war.

6 Likes

This is a good idea - also would give LH insight into broker revenue - easier to create projections- which in turn can lead to larger capital infusion via loans or valuation

LH needs a financial wizard

Agreed. Def more likely to get a good deal at the dealership being respectful. They won’t sell you a car out of spite if you’re a dick or super defensive. It’s not like they can’t sell that same car at the same price you want to a friend or family member most likely if it is such a good deal.

4 Likes

To do this legally would be a pretty massive headache. Can be done, but the cost to achieve probably comes close to outstripping the profit…

As long as you don’t go to paragon Honda or Mercedes if Brooklyn

Dealers are no saints - you should see some of the high pressure tactics they employ in person

Before I ok’d my Eqs deal - I went to mb Brooklyn to look at the car

The sales manager tried to pigeonhole me and pressed me in a very domineering way - I was polite and patted him on the back

I think a kick in the nuts is well deserved on a case to case basis

Just wanted to see it in flesh - didn’t ask for a test drive or numbers

1 Like

Prob shouldn’t be walking into any dealership unless it’s for a test drive anyway. Or to pick up your pre negotiated deal.

7 Likes

And if you do go in, probably should talk to sales mgr or GM if you can find them. Those ppl don’t pigeonhole. Too bad jerks on the front line speak for the dealership. They’re the ones @ilpapa is at war with.

2 Likes

“daddy, chill”

6 Likes

I mean that’s their job and why we can get the deals we get. If people weren’t buying profitable deals for the dealership then they wouldn’t sell losers. So necessary evil. Up to the consumer to do their homework and not get ripped off. No one forces people to buy a brand new car at or above msrp, hopefully that business model never comes to fruition.

2 Likes

I find it’s just as easy to get in touch with the GM/SM via email and maybe a phone call or two.

And as long as there’s 170k people listening to the blanket statements on r/askcarsales “nows not a good time to lease anything” and “msrp on everything is a great deal” we will be just fine.

4 Likes

you misunderstood. the war has nothing to do with respect. it has to do with inching out every last cent of a deal in an effort to “screw” the dealership the same way they’d screw you if you just blindly walked in off the lot and didn’t know what you were doing. to that end, this site is invaluable because it gives you the tools to do so. i don’t have to call the salesperson a bottom-feeding scumbag to be able to grind him down to the bone on a deal.

1 Like

speaking of business model ideas - why not do MMR info and leasing number info for a small ‘donation’ to the forum? something like $1 for leasing number or $2 for MMR? even if you got 30 people doing $1 a day that would generate almost $900 a month to help offset server and forum costs.

2 Likes

what is leasing number info?

MF & RV. for people who wouldn’t want to bother with Edmunds forum and don’t need to have a full fledged membership here. Discourse has a subscription plugin that I think could be used in this fashion. I suspect its what they use for subscribing to the Supporter tier.

2 Likes

so much extreme intonation from all sides.

LH core value is to the regular consumer, full stop. It’s a resource to help people make well-informed financial decisions in relation to vehicle acquisitions.

LH business model idea is monetizing it in any way that is beneficial to the founders. Sell to a manufacturer? Sell to some other site? Paid wall? whatever. Everyone was/is/will be/could be a villain in monetary transaction, this is purely anecdotal and a generalization.

what is “MR”?

Mister.

Mr. ilpapa made a typo in the above post.

1 Like

I am pretty sure it was meant to be MF or money factor.