LH Business Model Ideas

Profile photo updated

9 Likes

How do you pronounce your name/username?

Poe-tay-toe

10 Likes

Not Funny Lol GIF by WWE

1 Like

It’s German, most of the vowels are silent.

1 Like

Looks like chicken

How do they monetize?

Have you tried using the Summarize This Topic feature? It would be nice if we can use AI to filter out the noise in the future for those who don’t enjoy the chatters.

That’s smart. Give deal details in one place. And discuss elsewhere so it doesn’t turn into a mess.

There are tons of print on demand companies, that will pack and ship for you.

1 Like

I think there should be a minimum amount of reading time before new users can post in the non Marketplace or Ask The Hackrs sections. A minimum amount of time read, and a few required reading articles, maybe even with some light quiz questions.

Perhaps a few simple LH calc examples that they must correctly input (with prompts and pointers) into a LH calc as well.

I also don’t think that the supporters or super supporters should have special access to closed off threads. Lots of those come straght from Youtube and is not an indicator of an educated or committed user. Conversely, I don’t think those who have read and contributed for years should barred from certain forum areas because they have not contributed or posted in the Signed section. Maybe we can add read time as an access point to those areas as well.

Just my 2 cents. I love this forum and hope it keeps getting better and simultaneously more profitable for the founders.

It would indeed be a pain in the butt to admin merch. Here are the steps that you can help out to make it happen (if you all are serious):

1. Select a quality custom print vendor that would print and ship merch on demand
  2. The LH community comes up with a design
  3. The community votes on a design
  4. The winning designer sends us the vector file so we can set up the merch store with the design
  5. All proceeds goes to our Tech Support Fund

From our experience with the stickers, not many people ended up buying it. With clothings, sizing adds complexity. If we don’t have a critical mass who would be interested in the merch, it doesn’t make sense to order in bulk (We also don’t have space to store the unsold merch). Custom print on demand seems to be the only way to go, but we would need to vet the quality. It also won’t be cheap so it won’t leave much money for our Tech Support Fund.

It would be a fun community project nonetheless if we could put it together. Imaging passing by someone wearing a LH shirt on the street (IYKYK). I wonder how dealers would react if we wear them into dealerships…

8 Likes

This would be great! And car magnets. Passing an EQS on the highway and seeing an LH badge is an entirely other emotional thing than passing one without.

One indicates bad taste in cars and poor purchasing decisions, and the other is just a sweet green unicorn on wheels.

2 Likes

@littleviolette

You don’t need to order in bulk…

Go to Canva, create a design, download it, sign up for a shopify account, download printful, and go from there. When you get an order, the supplier will fulfill the order.

3 Likes

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

I got me some “merchandise”… :grin:

And no, it’s not for sale or trade :joy:

Edit: LH was very ‘comforting’, like a security blanket, in 2020/2021. We talked about home office setups, cooking, and just stuff in general. It was great… there were also the Tacos and Tundra fire sales, the Bolts… so many things. and then there a couple of days when LH went down… those were some seriously bad days :joy: almost like withdrawal symptoms :joy:

So whatever it takes to keep things running, I’m all for it. And I think one of the best things about LH is how it constantly evolves.

4 Likes

I made an nft of mine, and this photo is a violation of my digital copyright.

You owe me one Internet dabloon.

1 Like

That leaves out the in-between noobs that have been “on” the site for a year or maybe two, have closed maybe one deal that was bootstrapped off of others hard work, posts nonstop with LH as their FB/Reddit place to fire off nonstop nothing burgers, bad life hacking advice, LOLs and other nonsense.

What do you do with those folks?

These are exactly the kind of posts which I have been referring to. What is there for effort here:

1 Like

If I have to guess is mindset is like this: I got this deal let me go check with the “experts” on LH what they think of it.
A post on how to easily evaluate a deal would help these people instead of annoying users here.

Just have ChatGPT respond.

5 Likes