Lexus RX Lease or buy (finance at 2.48%)

I’m in NY (suburb of NYC) looking at

2024 RX350 Premium

Lease MF seems to be .00314 which is 7.5% APR

I was planning on a 36/12 lease but the Dec to Remember financing deal at Lexus is 2.48% for 48 months.
Seems like the low finance rate is really pushing a buyer to purchase rather than lease. Am I missing any arguments to lease instead?

Thanks for any input!

1 Like

It’s one of the best value retainers. Finance it, no-brainer.

6 Likes

Finance it, 2.48% for 48 aint no 0% for 60 month Ape err zzz but that’s the smarter move in this situation for sure.

5 Likes

How long do you plan on holding the car? Clearly the 4 yr payoff (while the payment will be higher than a lease) will have you owning a 4 yr old car free and clear while on month 37 of a lease you have nothing. Is the higher payment worth it? Only you can decide. But yes the finance APR vs lease APR is clearly pushing things one direction, again just looking at the rate.

1 Like

No, you can pretty easily calculate which one will have the lower TCO

5 Likes

Old Rx is a no brainer to finance and keep, the new ones are turbo 4 cylinder but I would think still pretty reliable.

2 Likes

Who cares? It’s a Lexus RX. 2.48% for 48 mos is insane (and it would be insane not to take it).

If OP decides they don’t like the car and keep it in good condition, there will be no shortage of people who will want to buy it.

2 Likes

Thanks for the input and the SNL clip, I had not seen that one. Great!

The low financing is a giveaway and the lease programs aren’t there at all on them

Definitely buy if you dont mind the payments

3 Likes

You can lower MF by .00100 by doing one pay, also you get lease cash. Aslo check 2023 MY, they have lower MF and bigger cash (RV ~2% lower but dealership discounts are bigger).
The main question is, how long you actually want to hold it.

1 Like

How much discount and dealer fees @Eastsider

I remember the good old days when we had 36 months 0%

1 Like

What about the Lexus GX 460? Finance at 2.48% or lease it?

Thank you. Haven’t got that far but was driving for 4-5% discount and not discused yet on fees, but I agree I need to know these for a proper comparison.

a little bird told me they were buying a lexus 2.48 and the dealer offered them 0%!

1 Like

The only reason to even remotely consider a GX460 is if you believe “they don’t build them like this any more so I’ll keep it forever”

On a traditional lease or ownership horizon of 3-6 years there are much better vehicles to consider in December 2023

1 Like

a GX is for a very niche customer. there’s no way anyone is cross shopping against an RX.

GX lease prices are pretty decent tbh

1 Like

I don’t find these prices compelling at all. To each their own but …

1 Like