Lexus RX 350 or Lexus NX 200t Deals?!

correction to my deal above, the mf is .0019 without MSDs, goes to .00118 as DKphan mentioned with 9 MSDs

Numbers are for illustration purposes only :wink: But my point was - do you care if they “hide” it somewhere if you get the deal that you are happy with? I don’t care. What difference does it make if they gave you $250/mo with buy rate and $0 drive off (and you are happy with it) vs. $250 with, $0 drive off and marked up MF and marked up acquisition fee? :slight_smile: For some reason, you probably feel “cheated”, but you are not.

1 Like

That is what i just mentioned earlier about the people who shopping via monthly payment in mind and forget about the true cost of the car.

When you get the deal to where dealer can only move few pennies discount-- they just give you a lap dance to make you happy. I dont stop you from getting that lap dance if it make you feel happy. I choose to deal with a guy being straight forward. Plus, I do my homework before i come into the dealership to know what I should pay for the car.

Comment about the quote, it is a fair price at this time if you get it. I know the deal was better last month because of the base residual was 0.00110. But if you wait the car might not be there since the 2016 stock is getting slimmer everyday. It is your choice if you see the car is good fit for you and you can afford go for it. Ask them to break down the fees though.

That’s not me. I’ve been leasing for many years, so I know a thing or two about it. I calculated monthly payment on dealer’s calculator right in front of him to 2 cents within his finance guy’s once :slight_smile:
You missed my point again. You have all your numbers in order, done your homework, agreed on the monthly payment and go to sign the paperwork. There you see MF is marked-up, but the sale price reduced and your monthly payment stays the same. What do you care if they make more for themselves at no expense to you?

As you said earlier “better monthly payment” and now you said it is the same… :thinking:
As for others who dont know much about the leasing world they will tend to fall into traps along the way. That is why I suggest to go with the straight and honest dealers instead of ones who play with numbers and hope customers felt on it. I sold car before, just saying. As one of my mentor said:" 2 persons sit at the table and the stronger one will get the deal." Rearly the table turn to the buyer, except when the saleperson is so green.

The mark up mf will help them on the back end sale, such as gap insurance, paint protection, maintenance etc. Now you paying more bc of higher interest rate. :point_up:️️

Based on what you said: they gave you an extra $2.5K off, but marked up MF and then did not want to do a deal at buy rate when you demanded.

LOL How’s that if your payment either stays the same or lower? Your interest charge is higher, of course, but it did not increase your monthly payment

1 Like

Then i just walk away and move on to the next dealer who willing to sell me the car with honesty, of cause i knew the deal was too good to be true to I didn’t even crying over it.

Back end money is the sale that they trying to sell you in the finance office. Enough said i wont fight with you over this anymore. People can pick up the usefulness offf these comments instead of I trying to prove you right or wrong.

When this happens, you naturally feel cheated. But are you really or you are just pissed (mostly at yourself for not negotiating hard enough) that they had extra $2.5K they did not give you in the first place? :slight_smile:

Ursus, no real point in trying to talk with dkphan… he’s angry and clueless. For others wanting the cliff notes version, Ursus is right… if you’re comparing 2 dealers with 2 identical cars and 2 identical payments and terms, WHO CARES what’s going on behind the scenes??? Really, if 1 dealer has a marked up MF, and the other used a larger discount to reduce cap cost, it does not matter.

Don’t be a D-bag to dealers, and don’t say they’re “ripping you off” because they make money on you. Every business exists to make money, just like those who work, work to earn a living. Now, if a dealer is truly being underhanded D-bag, walk away… but don’t stoop to their level.

3 Likes

Just trying to help…

I think that is a good deal. Dealers aren’t willing to negotiate too much on these cars and the incentives all balance out. Last month it was $500 lease cash and a great MF. This month it’s $2600 dealer cash and a terrible MF.

Why do I get mad? If they dont want to do business with me, i just go somewhere else. There are over 10 lexus dealers within 100miles radius, and others competitors that are eager to do business with.

I talked to another salesperson and he is straight forward told me this month the deal is bad, wait till the end of month or year if I can wait. Yet, he gave me a transparence quote no mark up and the lowest. Another lease agent told me samething. As I already know the residual and mf is bad this month.

Understand that they are there to make money. I am not trying to go into the dealer asking for unreal number. I researched the interest, residual, prices that other paid etc to know where I am standing and whether they play game or not (number too good to be true).

Ps: if the dealer already trying to play games they will set up traps for you to fall such as dealer fees, add-ons, 4 squares trick etc. if I saw that coming I just walk away. Why get into a deal/car when you dont feel comfortable?

Been following this entertaining thread and I do agree with @Dkphan that if you know what is going on and the dealer or sales person is playing games, you should go somewhere else.

If you don’t know how to compute the numbers, then you have no choice. If you have the knowledge, do you have the moral obligation to make the world a better place for the next guy? A less dramatic and non-fatal “Duty to Rescue” https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duty_to_rescue

The real test will be if you can walk away from a better deal and sacrifice real money to take a more expensive deal from an honest dealer.

1 Like

To me a real deal is the transparency, reasonable price at the dealer who can take care of me pre and after sale. There will be the time that I take my car in for maintenance, warranty works. I know who I can trust.
I know one internet sale person at Toyota dealer and because he was being honest, I brought him at least 6 deals from friends and family. Bought a Honda for my wife with the first number that dealer gave me on the internet without negotiating, bc they gave me a reasonable price and with no mark up. Even talk to the salesperson after the purchase and he told me if I am being aggressive I might get another few hundred off. But i told him you making a “mini” ($100/car) why should I push more?! And he just laugh…

1 Like