Lexus One Pay Trade In Restriction?

Hackers,

I’ve tried searching and haven’t found an answer to this yet.

Does Lexus restrict early buyouts on onepay leases to only Lexus/Toyota dealers?

I’m trying to flip out of my ‘22 RX onepay into a Pathfinder and a dealer just said that Toyota told them them couldn’t take it in as a trade. I was hoping to apply my equity to the new one pay so that I don’t have to deal with transferring money around my bank accounts to write the big check.

I sold my onepay Toyota to Third party. Save yourself the headache and shop the RX around yourself. You’ll get more of your cash back. Log into your Lexus finance account and look for payoff information. That is the dealer buyout. No penalty of any kind. Good luck.

I’ve done all that and am making the Nissan dealers match my highest trade offer. They’re bending over backwards to take it as trade to sell me the car so I’m happy with the value that I’m getting.

When did you do your deal? I guess the question is also if Lexus is different. Another dealer has told me that he doesn’t think it should be a problem but he’ll verify in the morning.

January 2023. Give me the vin bought it. I called Toyota to get me a payoff statement and GMTV cut me a check for the difference. Toyota/Lexus Financial in my experience are the simplest to work with. What you are trying to do is just complicating the transaction because the dealer has to cut you check for the difference of the agreed trade price and your buyout and you want them to cut you a check after making a onepay for the Nissan.

If you can strech your saving than simply take a check for the Lexus and give them a new check for the Pathfinder.

Thanks for confirming. That’s what I thought too about Lexus/Toyota and I did get quotes from Carvana & Ford without issue. Sounds like the dealer got a bad rep on the phone or is trying to back out of the trade. All good. I have options.

While it complicates the deal a little the math is pretty straightforward and it’s much more convenient for me to just do it together in one stop.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.