Lexus NX 300 Is this $563 a month a good 36mo lease deal?

Here’s your car on cargurus.com as well as the price analysis. If they’re paying money to have it listed on cargurus, they know that you see this price analysis. So, backing out the $1,000 incentive, the “Great Price” is $37,282 or 12.81% off the MSRP. As a reference, my sister-in-law was able to do 1-2% better than the “Great Price” on a Toyota Sienna purchase last weekend.

Confirm the info as @holio suggested to allow us to point to other areas to negotiate. Here’s the thread you want to post in:

https://forums.edmunds.com/discussion/51726/lexus/nx-300/2019-lexus-nx-lease-deals-and-prices/p19

https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/new/searchresults.action?sourceContext=homePageNewCarTab_false_0&newSearchFromOverviewPage=true&inventorySearchWidgetType=AUTO&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity=c27162&entitySelectingHelper.selectedEntity2=&zip=15226&distance=150&searchChanged=true&modelChanged=false&filtersModified=true#listing=234853055

1 Like

Horrible offer you shouldn’t even be in the 500’s for that car.

Thank you all for your advice and guidance.

So the local dealer I’m talking to is saying there is nothing they can do on the price. They are part of the “Lexus Plus” program: https://www.lexus.com/lexusplus/ " Lexus Plus is a new, straightforward and simplified process that launched in select dealerships beginning in April of 2016. It is the next chapter of the Lexus continuous commitment to an elevated luxury dealership experience. Created to make the experience more enjoyable for our guests, it includes one price on every item available for purchase and one point of contact that can assist from start to finish."

There is another nearby dealer (20 miles) are they are part of the “Lexus Plus” program too. I’m going to consider other makes and models at this point.

Work w @nextlevelautobrokers and call it a day

1 Like

Working on new lease numbers for April! Hopefully it will e as aggressive as last month

You’re giving up way too quickly. If you want that car and you can’t get the price down, use a broker. You will have similar experience with other brands. They want to make money

Lexus Plus sounds like Lexus’ attempt to cut out negotiation and maximize profit margins forcefully.

Hopefully it works out for them and they become far more successful than ever before. I’m sure that’s what will happen.

Lexus Plus… I love it. I’d take that as a good opportunity to turn and run.

I second the suggestion to work with @nextlevelautobrokers because he’s awesome, helpful, and hugely competent. Should you wish to pursue independently, I offer you the following California Lexus numbers as a means of understanding.

You’ll certainly notice that there’s no NX mentioned there… which, to me, speaks volumes about the discounts available. If there were deals to be had, I have to figure @CaliforniaLeaseDeals would have mentioned them.

I also take this as a good indication to look at another car. People seem to love their RXes and, having driven neither of these cars, would certainly prefer the RX to the lesser vehicles.

Given the numbers listed, my gut says there’s $120 per month difference between the RX base and the NX you’ve listed ballparking lower DAS and an upgrade to 10k miles (you didn’t mention). Maybe $40-$50 difference in the RX’s favor for the fully loaded with Nav. I did some monkey math here, so I ain’t exactly accurate, but I’d say my numbers are within two standard deviations of what actual should be.

The RX should be way, way more car than the NX. I’d recommend that route, researching Edmunds numbers more. If you’re lazy (don’t enjoy this sort of math/negotiations, want to save yourself the hassle, and smart), just contact @nextlevelautobrokers

Another Lexus reference point. Not an SUV but an awfully good deal and indicitive of what’s possible if you’re open to other vehicles.

Note the MSRP and deal terms vs. those that you were quoted.

It’s a good deal on planet of the apes but not on planet earth

You are in beast mode lol

Now I feel like I’m posting for the amusement of the experts on this forum. This is from another dealer or so I thought. The price way went up!

Hello,

This 2019 NX300 has an MSRP of $42,308 and a Lexus Plus Selling price of $41,325. I structured the lease for 12,000 miles, 36 months and with $1,000 down. There is a $1,500 rebate that you qualify for as well.

If you are comparing against Rohrich Lexus, we are the same dealer group and all pricing is the same between the stores. If they are less, then it might be because we are not comparing the same MSRP of vehicle. Also, they may not have included the optional Excess Wear and Use protection.

Please review the breakdown below and let me know your thoughts.

Yes, what you should know is Lexus Plus is a one-priced store meaning they don’t negotiate and the store discount is barely minimum, always above invoice. if you want a good deal, try to find a store that does not do Lexus Plus program, since you’re free to negotiate or talk brokers here that can help you too.

And what was the point of posting this?

1 Like

Pittsburgh is a terrible market to negotiate on most accounts, as most of the franchises are owned by the same few big dealer groups. Try outside the area…Cleveland or near DC in the DMV corridor.

This Lexus Plus site is hilarious. It’s really sad that people fall for yet another creative way to get screwed by dealerships.

Also, these have got to be the worst testimonials I’ve ever seen.

Capture

What does that even mean? And who talks like that?

Capture2

Why is this sentence so incomplete and lacking in specifics? What is ‘It’ referring to??

:rofl: Oh Susan W. You are a person who is here to buy a car!

1 Like

Reminds me of Toyota’s pure price campaign with their scions.

hahaha you’re right…look at where they’re at with scion now.

The price went up because it’s a more expensive car and these guys are Lexus Plus as well. Again, turn and run.

And that attachment is useless. Well, it’s useful in that it’s useless by design. Therefore largely useless in this process.

See my suggestions for the legwork you need to do. Or, save yourself the headache and go with a broker. @nextlevelautobrokers would be my recommendation.

No, wait. My recommendation was another car – didn’t I suggest a RX or ES earlier today? Or did I recommend that you contact another Lexus dealer to get another crappy quote because without looking into the basic mechanics of what’s needed to execute a better deal? Dammit, I don’t remember which!

Ok, now that I’ve fulfilled my jackass quotient for the day, please take my and others’ recommendations in this thread into account before wasting more time and adding to your frustration. You’ll need ammunition at the ready unless you want to continue the annihilation.

2 Likes

I’m in the opposite end of the state, but I was quoted $479/mo with zero negotiation on a similarly priced NX300 last week. I feel like that’s pretty high for that car even, as I was getting numbers below $400/mo in 2016 after a little bit of back and forth.

Make sure to take advantage of the MSDs with Lexus.