Lexus Lease Buyout In Florida Help?

Hi - My Lexus lease concludes in a few weeks and I want to buy my car outright to just keep for myself. It is my understanding that in many states, I can request the payoff through Lexus Financial and just send them a check but LFS told me that in Florida I must work with a dealer to complete this process.

I have read many horror stories on Florida dealerships gouging customers during this process with unnecessary and bogus fees and was looking for some guidance from the experts on the best way to complete this transaction without getting ripped off.

Should I shop around different dealers to see who wont charge extra fees? Are any fees legit? How much extra in charges should I expect? Is it possible to complete this transaction remotely or do I physically have to go to the dealer (closest is an hour away).

Any advice or tips on this process so I don’t get ripped off would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

1. Yes, any Lexus Dealer can do it.
  2. No fees are legit, but they are costs the dealer will charge you to use their service.
  3. 0-1500 depending
  4. Some dealers can do it remotely

You didn’t ask this question.

1. Search here for Lexus Brokers (In any state) and ask them if their dealership can do a buyout and how much their fees are. (Which should be less) You don’t have to buy from a FL dealership BTW.
1 Like

ok thank you. We live in north Florida so would it be advantageous to maybe drive to Georgia maybe for this? I know Florida doesnt have a doc fee cap, not sure about Georgia. Ill look for brokers also. Thanks again for the tips

Just call the Georgia Dealers, no need to drive.

1 Like

I read on another thread that some Toyota owners have been successful performing their lease buyout with a Lexus dealer. Would the reverse also be true? Could I potentially go to a Toyota dealer to do my Lexus buyout in Florida?

Harder as you are in Florida.

You have to make sure you are Lexus Financial Services instead of South East Toyota Finance.

If you are LFS you have to call far outside (like NY or CA) to process at a Toyota dealer. I don’t know the range of SETF, I just know they handle most of the South East Toyota Dealers. (SETF is not owned by Toyota)

1 Like

JM Lexus in S FL charged zero fees to buyout RX 350 at lease end. This was about a year ago. Hope that helps!

1 Like