Lexus GX460 lease

How many MSDs was it? Is the monthly before tax? I don’t see how you could put $3600 in MSDs with a monthly of $420.

I am looking at the deal sheet and the security deposit is $3600.

The monthly payment of $420 is inclusive of all taxes and fees. I literally walked out without paying a penny beyond the $3600 security deposit (they also somehow rolled in my first payment into the dealer contribution).

Some additional details:
MSRP: 58,983
Sale Price: 52,645
Rebates & non-cash credits: 2,500 (included here was the 1k grad rebate)
Additional dealer contribution: 2,863
Residual 33,620 (56%)

Taxes: 587
Acquisition fee: 795
Doc fee: 495
Tire fee: 8

lease term: 45/10 (i know it’s a little long, but i like the truck and it seemed like a good deal)

I think i got a fair deal, but my first time negotiating a lease so I probably did not get something right. Anyhow, I am sure you’ll tell me :slight_smile: Just wanted to share my experience with the person who initiated the thread.

$425 * 8 = $3400, so not sure how the contract can be with $3600 in MSDs. Maybe the dealer doesn’t know what they were doing and the contract will be kicked back by LFS.

I did go in at 7 pm on last day of the month so maybe they did mess something up. Had the truck now for 2 weeks and just got my first bill so LFS definitely is willing to take my money.

Congrats. Enjoy the car. :+1:

If it wasn’t for all I learned on this board from the likes of you Jon, i am sure i’d be paying a lot more. Thanks for your insights.

1 Like

What am I missing here?
Discount is around 10% (normal for a car this expensive)
MSD is $3600, dealer gets to keep your money for 45 months vs standard 36.
How many miles do you get to drive?
I think the dealer knew exactly what he was doing, after 45 months the residual on that car is not going to be 56% so probably will have to return as buying it out would be expensive.
Somebody tell me what am I missing here?

**** Is this 2017? Is so it is an alight deal. 2018 are already on the lot.

The dealer does not set the RV, the bank does

When I leased my GX I did a 36 month lease, but the finance guy told me I could call Lexus and extend the lease for 6 months. Said this could be done two times for a total extension of one year. Is it worth it to do this if you got a good deal? Said payments would stay the same.

I never said Dealer sets the residual.
My comment was in response to
"Maybe the dealer doesn’t know what they were doing and the contract will be kicked back by LFS.".

I made that comment in regards to the MSD amount. I didn’t see and still don’t see how a monthly payment of $420 amounts to $3600 in MSDs.

Also, dealer doesn’t keep the MSD money. It goes to LFS.

My bad, Leasing company is what I was trying to say. Sorry I just don’t like putting MSDs down, and always end up doing 0 downs on all leases

Unless you’re a great investor getting 15% annual returns, MSDs are a no brainer. What don’t you like about MSDs?

1 Like

Personal preference, I only put money down on purchases. I end up getting loss leaders which are even better deals than putting MSDs down.

Please explain what you mean by this.

Every quarter/month dealers have targets to meet and hence are overly aggressive on certain vehicles. They tend to lose or make very little money on the deals but make up via overall sales target incentives.
You do have to invest time in it, you will end up with less time playing cricket. (is it you playing in avatar)

What does that have to do with MSDs?

2 Likes

Would love to replicate this deal if possible. Any chance you can upload the deal sheet, crossing out the personal info? TIA.

Would love to replicate this deal if possible. Any chance you can upload the deal sheet, crossing out the personal info? TIA

1 Like

would love to know what the numbers would be at 36 mo, not 45 mo

1 Like