Lexus GX460 lease

Hey Jon,

Thank you.

I’ve never done MSD on a lease before. Can you explain why do that?

The $2000 total down covers first payment, acq, dealer doc, etc…

What I may do is 36/10 with $1000 total down at $528 per month instead.

Love the money factor at .0004 or .96% APR.

Do you like this deal?

Thanks for the help,
Mike

No, there have been better deals on the GX460 posted.

Hm. The best one I found prior to this was low 4s but it had no options ($53K MSRP).

Ill have to search around for potentially better ones, thanks.

When I spoke to the dealer, they told me MSDs arent worth it because the interest rate is so low. Strange.

I did all of this over the phone so far and am leaning towards 36/10 with 1000 total down for 528 as a starting point once I get there. I have no idea how the above person stated they got 6 months paid for. That’s pretty incredible.

The salesman I spoke to over the phone said once I come in, there’s probably more to be done here.

I may shoot for $1000 total down with 500 per month even at 36/10.

Don’t take incompetent dealers’ word for things. They don’t care if you save money with MSDs or not. They just want the deal done as quickly as possible.

Your immediate follow-up question to dealer regarding MSDs aren’t worth it is: “What is the money factor?” You should know in advance what the money factor is and how many security deposits it takes to get the money factor near zero, and how much per month that lowers the payment. If you feed them the numbers you are in control - if it is the other way around, you lose.

Also, if you go in to the dealer to “probably more to be done here”, leave with hard numbers in-hand without buying (you could say, I’d like a “lease worksheet”). Report your detailed numbers here and get feedback and then complete the lease paperwork at a different time. They will wear the hell out of you if you aren’t sure if you’re buying that day or not, and you might screw it up.

I leased one last month. The money factor is low, so I was allowed to put down 6 MSD max, but that lowered my payment by about $48. You should shoot for $460 with tax putting max MSDs and paying nothing else upfront, have them role everything in including 1st month payment. MSRP was $58,740.

2 Likes

You guys are great.

Here now thanks!

Thanks for everyone’s guidance.

I ended up walking because I questioned the SM and he got arrogant and said I was stupid for not taking it. F*ck him. Will never do business with them again,

On my way home and will speak with Herb Chambers in Sharon MA tomorrow who said they can beat the deal by $20 per month and then I’ll ask about MSDs too.

Honestly, you should be just negotiating the sales price before incentives. Then just make sure you get the base MF and no dealer add-ons.

Now that is a winning leasehackr swagger! F*ck him haha!

1 Like

I checked incentives listed at autobytel. They don’t list loyalty rebate and rebate for those affected by takata recall that is mentioned on Edmunds website. I called LFS and they said ask dealer. Dealer naturally said they do not know. Who can answer it and does it benefit dealer to conceal this info?

Dealer profit per car deteriorates as price transparency increases. So, yes the dealer wouldn’t love it if you knew every profit center at the store. In some instances if you had an uneducated buyer who did not read the lease paperwork, the dealer could swallow the rebates as profit. That said, if you call enough dealers and ask the same questions, you should eventually reach the correct answer by consensus of different stores.

Tax, reg, and dealer fee were paid upfront, none of it went to cap cost reduction.

Was this 0 out of pocket or did you put down 6k - I couldn’t tell sorry.

@vhooloo, how early Lexus usually pull ahead ? Do they just offer to get the car back or they want us to sign a new lease. How about Infinit?

Only thing out of pocket was $2550 in MSDs.

Geez, dealing with this lying sack O XXXX for more than 5 hours at a local so cal Lexus on a GX460. 5 hours and not a single quote - yet he wants the details of my competing offer.

Can the community please let me know what they think of this deal? 2018 GX460

Vehicle Price: 

$57,417.00

######Co Name Savings:

$5,546.13

########Co name Price:

$51,870.87

Sales Tax (estimate):
+
$4,028.44

Smog Abatement Fee:
+
$20.00

Tag/Registration Fees (estimate):
+
$418.00

Electronic Filing:
+
$29.00

Other:
+
$29.00

Flat Add/County Fee:
+
$10.00

Documentation Fee:
+
$80.00

Balance Due (estimate):

$56,485.31

0 out of pocket except 3850 MSD. Payment $536 per month (I believe includes tax). What do you think the payment would be w/o the MSD? rough estimate OK.

PS - the price quote is not from the 5 hour no quote dealership.

Why did you stay so long? Walking out usually has them chasing you across the parking lot.