Lexus GX 550 spin off - ordering, configs, flips, etc

Who’s getting one? Buy/lease/flip? I have a deposit on one now, may get on the list at another dealer nearby (at MSRP).

https://www.caranddriver.com/lexus/gx

3 Likes

Have my deposit on one. Asked for a Nori Green on Black Overtrail but will be open if a different color becomes available sooner.

1 Like

Deposit placed

I called around bunch of pnw dealers to place a deposit. Bunch have markups obv and few that would do msrp I’m “out of region” for. Time to make some out of state calls I guess.

Which dealership is taking order for new GX in tristate or east coast, I called bunch of them & they refuse to take deposit.
TIA

I secured an allocation for a Nori Green Luxury trim at MSRP - any views on flip potential? Not sure if there will be as much froth as when the new Sequoia came out, but seems like other area dealers are doing some level of ADM around me.

1 Like

I have an allocation as well but Im a little hesitant to pull the trigger till I see some comps.

1 Like

I have one on the way as well but I think I’m gonna cancel the order, its a hot car but I doubt people are willing to pay adm, especially now since the LX is easily available too

1 Like

Land Cruiser First Edition will likely be a flip, but the GX550 is looking unlikely at this point based on the asking prices and waitlists of the dealers I have reached out so far.

1 Like

I don’t see too many people paying $85-90K+ for a First Edition 4 cyl LC and that’s with a favorable sales tax structure to make a flip viable. The base GX with a couple of options (to me) seems like a lot more vehicle at or around $65K.

1 Like

Have any of these started going through the auctions yet?

No, they haven’t.

South Florida they already have dealer adjustment
$76K base model with no pano or wireless charger

Msrp dealer that I put 2.5k deposit almost a year ago is now asking me to sign purchase order with almost 7.5k in add ons. Supposedly these items are cancelable, Lexus prepaid maintenance, resistall 360 ceramic, tire and wheel.

Maintenance and Tire/Wheel should be cancellable with no issue. You might get some pushback on the ceramic since “a coating was applied to the car already”

I wouldn’t do it with the add ons… This is a mass produced car, unless you must have one now i would not deal with these shenanigans. I have a deposit on one at MSRP, and all 3 nearby stores I contacted about getting one were at MSRP.

5 Likes

location if you don’t mind?

Judging by the username probably North Dakota…

Denver, Colorado.

1 Like

Apparently I’m very close to the top of the reservation list… Got a call from the local store on an incoming unit (spec doesn’t work for me) but I stopped in to see the one they’ve received. Didn’t drive it but I did sit in it. Exterior design is great in person IMO, interior quality is good, rear leg room, not so much but then again I’m 6 ft 2.

1 Like