Lexus ES or BMW X3 etc

Bmw dealer in Houston…
Asked about a x3 and she already sent me a credit application. PRICES WONT DROP.
Even though the listing itself says price drop. LOL.

1 Like

The real insanity is that even people on LH are trying to buy used X3s in this still-inflated market

7 Likes

You really trying to buy a used X3?

@iac the lady doesn’t have a car (she is using my old beater for now) and i haven’t seen any leases worth pursuing. she likes the X3 or ES 350. lol…totally different cars…

to be honest, i haven’t even tried to look at leases in this market.

last two lease deals for me were 530i and the e-tron.

I am sure you are aware, but salespeople want to make a sale now. They are going to use whatever language / sales tactics to get you to close the deal asap.

Btw, was that a CPO you were looking at?

1 Like

Got some specials that’ll knock your socks off.

5 Likes

Finance a brand new ES or RX.

Definitely do not buy any used X3

4 Likes

2019 ES are around 33-35. new are 50. i didnt see any great rates for new either from lexus.
17K is a big bump in payments

the x3 i was looking at was certified. same price as es. 2020.
figured i get 3-4 years out of it before cpo runs out and get back into the market then.

2 Likes

The big difference is how each will lose value. The X3 will lose more quickly.

What discounts are LH brokers offering on new ES and RX?

Well whatever you do, do take a look at the finance thread to get lower interest rates.

1 Like

Ya that’s what I was thinking also.
7 year old lexus (in 3 years) vs. 5 year old X3…
definitely less risky to hold onto the lexus in terms of value and maintenance costs.

IAC offered me a good deal on a new X3. haven’t checked new from broker for the ES/RX.

1 Like

The NX is another option. Think I saw brokers at 8% off.

Even if it’s like one year old? I can finance one for about $200/mo less total cost of ownership than a new lease unless it decides to blow up at just over 50k miles

BMW? I looked at the specials and most are knocking on $1k/mo when you factor in the true up front costs.

Post your numbers

2023 X3 Without Loyalty $9547/year
2023 X3 With Loyalty $8276/year
2022 X3 Financed $6570/year

This assumes a 5 year depreciation of 60% and no lease equity, which might be off. Hell even financing a new one works out to be less even with our crazy high sales tax.