Lexus ES 300H 2020 Base Package

Hi Everyone,this is my first post here. Please let me know if you think this is a good deal.

Lexus ES 300H Base Package
MF–.00020
MSRP: 43,120
Selling Price: 35,120
Residual 52%
O down, 0 Drive off

Monthly Payment: 418

I’m thinking to get it down to around the 350-375 range.

Did you check with Edmunds for the base MF and incentives in your zip?

1 Like

Based on…?

3 Likes

They previously gave me a deal of the luxury package with an

MSRP of 49,500 and a SP of 43,500— 7500 miles — 3 year lease and 471 monthly lease payment.

The car is 8K less on the base package and the monthly payment only lowers by $53

I’ll check, thanks

The key is to understand why by understanding the lease variables and calculating yourself. It’s possible that different trims have different RV/MF/incentives. I’m not familiar with Lexus.

Seems like 12-14% excluding incentives is a really good discount for Lexus.

2 Likes

Not sure about the ES, but the RX has different residuals based on trims and options (F sports).

2 Likes

I would check the deal on a non-hybrid and see if it is any better.

Unless it is essential for you to have a hybrid for any reason.

I can for sure get a better deal on the ES 350 but I drive 80 miles in one day and the ES350 is a V6 so that wouldn’t be ideal.

How many miles do you have to do for the ROI on the hybrid to turn positive?

Are you sure you should be leasing then? How many miles do you drive a year?

1 Like

Forgot to mention this part but my ultimate goal is to buy at the end of lease.

Ultimate goal @ the end of the term is to buy the car, so I’m looking forward to future.

It used to be hybrid has less incentives and higher MF than other trims, but double check with Edmunds.
If that is the case, then even if the dealer gives you the same % discount off two different trims, the monthly may not what you expect

1 Like

Then buy the car now instead of wasting almost a grand on the acq fee

The money your state charges for new reg and title transfers is also wasted money

2 Likes

Why not just buy the car or finance it?

Rates are pretty low right now, and if you are going to write a check at the end of the lease, why not just avoid the MF?

Thats another option. I’ll look at the price for the lease vs buy option.

If im not mistaken they do add taxes and fees again to the residual at the end of lease term so if i do the buy option then I’ll save a few thousand.

you can slice the math many different ways, but for Lexus, the RV is inline with market expectations, it makes sense to just buy it.

Remember, when you lease, you are financing the depreciation AND RESIDUAL value, so the finance costs are always higher.

I am not sure what the regulations are in your state, but it is usually RV + Tax + Disposition Fees(?).

I don’t know about a few thousand, but if you plan on keeping it long term there doesn’t seem to be any reason to pay “rent charge”.

In CA the taxes are probably a wash

But as I mentioned there are other ways money is wasted thru leasing then buying.

1 Like