Lexus - 2018 Golden Opportunity Sales Event around the corner

Just to provide a data point about the Golden Opportunity Event, the lease cash in my area for RX has gone up by $750 today. Still waiting for the MF and RV numbers on Edmunds forum…

So for Southern Ca we got an extra $750 in lease cash ($1750) from $1000. Pretty marginal gain. I’m sure MF went up so a wash?

Any good deals start?

Incentives went up for RX450HL in my area as well. Now $1750 incentive cash v. $1000. This still does not look as good as the photo posted with $5000 incentive on RXs. Has the Golden Opportunity event actually started or did they push it. I noticed the offers in my area expire 7/31/18.

Also, I notice there is also cash back of $1000 on both RX450H and 450HL. Is this in addition to Lease incentive of $1750? I get a bit confused with all these terms. Thanks for anyone that can help!

Those 10k, 5k, etc…numbers in the photo were purchase incentives.

Ahhhh, that clears it up! Thank you @mp11477 I am still new at this!

Why not buy long term like you used to?

If this is for a regular RX and not an L, that’s an absolutely terrible deal. But I see that you’ve just joined LH and this was your first post, so I’ll be nice. Do a search for other RX posts here to get an idea of what others have gotten before jumping on this. You can do significantly better.

Want to go electric in a few years and didnt want to deal with selling the car. Also, has there been any news on when the ES 2019 is expected come out.

Interesting. I do see a lot of people who got $399-$450 excl. tax for similar priced RX 350 but they mostly seem to be 10k a year. Not saying that they aren’t still better than what I have been offered but curious why you think $499 for 15k miles a year is a terrible deal, rather than just “could do better”?

Would should I be aiming for as a good deal for a $48k RX 350 with no downpayment and 15k miles a year for 3 years? To me anything better than $450 before tax seems unlikely but I am here to learn so please tell me if/how I’m wrong :slight_smile:

My current is 2016 RX350 with nothing but Nav/adaptive cruise(this used to be an extra $4k) and convenience package, regular wheels and normal lights.

12k miles/yr. $447 which I know I could do better, either the prices has come up or the deals are sucking more and more.

Not sure if things have changed significantly, but to put things into context for you, my $61,375 RX F sport is 460/mo inc tax with 1k due at signing + max MSDs. If I had one of the PGA certs from those days, I’d have gotten it for $460/mo without the 1k down.

Assuming my deal with 0 drive off, I’d be at $490

61k MSRP for $490 makes 48k MSRP for $550 a terrible deal.

I’ll add that I was only able to find this deal because of other GREAT deals that were generously shared in this forum. The value of this site dies when people comment on bad deals and say they’re “pretty good”

Spoke to my dealer this morning, residuals got worse. So really no benefit.

1 Like

The Golden Opportunity Sales event seems pretty meh this time around.

1 Like

I’d call it a Lexus Golden Shower …

10 Likes

vdub, thats a great deal you got on your F Sport. I’m working on obtaining this right now. Its like pulling teeth. The deals have definitely gotten worse. @enigma367 we have all said the deal you have is not good, however, if you think it a good deal then get it.

Here is what I’m working on now, not great, not horrible: 2018 RX 450h

I definitely don’t have any reason to think it is a good deal. I very much appreciate all of your advice. I guess I was just asking about it being a terrible deal so I can know what to aim for. I can see that vDub got a much better deal.

What kind of payment are you aiming for on your 2018 RX 450h or do you think you will take what you posted?

for which models did it get worse? Also, is lexus making the first payment?

NX300 it got worse for, didn’t think they could get any worse.