Leftover 2023 Mercedes E350 discounts

Located in Illinois. Just started shopping. I am looking to see what realistic discounts are available on leftover 2023 E350 models. I saw a few models with MSRPs of 72,xxx that I like. What’s a good percentage off to aim for? Undecided about purchasing vs leasing at the moment.

Whoa, a E350 4Matic Sedan for $72k would need AMG Line, Night Package, Driver Assist, Premium Package, Full upgrade on the seats, Acoustic pack, and random odds and ends to get the MSRP that high.

Here’s a used 4Matic with similar equipment and only 4k miles listing for $61k as CPO.

So, you’re trying to get a 2023 close out that’s brand new, I think paying ~$63k before taxes/fees seems like a fair target (about 12.5% off MSRP). But knowing these dealers they may just be bag-holding their E class forever waiting for a MSRP buyer.

Here’s one in Minnesota that is almost ready to hit its first birthday. You can do them a favor by asking to take it off their hands today.

https://www.mbofrochester.com/new/Mercedes-Benz/2023-Mercedes-Benz-E-Class-a27354f90a0e0a917e60c7450a8620fb.htm

I did see some in the 66k range too, just figured the higher MSRP ones would be more motivated to offer bigger discounts as they are probably harder to move. Even more so with the 2024 redesign already on lots.

IMO I like the previous generation E better than the new one. I even like the previous UX over the new one that feels like a couple of disconnected tablets slapped on the dashboard.

But I also like the previous generation 5 series over the latest abomination 5 series.

I agree you higher option load usually means more discount off of MSRP. But at the same time this car market is weird and it seems buyers are interested in AMG line vs the base model poverty spec.

Anyway by all means start your negotiation at 20% off MSRP and see what happens. If you’re willing to wait, eventually there will be one for 30% off MSRP when they really need to move the last remaining unit.

Thanks. A quick cars.com search shows several hundred in the US. I think it’s fair to assume they’re not moving like hot cakes. I too like the previous generation so win win for me I guess. I don’t mind waiting either. This is a additional vehicle purchase.

Funny you mention the 5 series, I was hunting for remaining 2023s last month, specifically the 540 models. All were retired loaners though.

Yeah the black 540 at BMW of Ann Arbor should be mega discounted.

At least 12% should be realistic considering 10 has been advertised for a while now. Last week of the quarter might see some more motivation.

At the end of the day you’ll still pay a higher price (let’s say $66k at 12% off vs 74k at 13%). The joy of getting an extra percentage point or two will be fleeting.

Beyond the common options, the rest will have close to 0 resale value. So you’ll pay more depreciation too.

That’s a good point regarding the depreciation. I didn’t think of it that way.

Regarding the 12% to shoot for. Does that include applicable incentives. I was told I qualify for dealer cash $2000 and $500 for Amex. I’m under the impression these are Mercedes incentives. Correct me if I’m wrong?

Did you end up moving forward?
Looking at truecar, is Amex for E class now 2500 instead of the 500 you mentioned?

We’re debating a new 2023 E class or a CPO one now.

The $2500 Amex includes $2k dealer cash.

Currently trying to negotiate on a 2023 E350 loaner MSRP 64k with 3200 miles for my mom’s birthday present. I think all my calculations are getting me to upper $5XX to low $6XX monthly with $0 DAS.

Will update what numbers I get back from the dealer so should hopefully be another reference point.

1 Like

Depends on what the numbers are for each

MF is quite low on a 2023 E350 (at least for some parts of the country), so that might be something to consider…

1 Like

Oh? Is it always like that? I don’t see anywhere mentioning that it is inclusive of any dealer cash.

It’s always like that unfortunately. If You have amex or PenFed or MBUSA club you are just getting some extra money.
https://www.mbca.org/mbusa-incentives

Hm is it always 2k off of what truecar says? What I mean is when I look at the incentives, I don’t see anything in particular. I would have looked at it as $2500 off E class and maybe if the dealer says they have 2k off, I would have said it is 4500 off.

It’s not like that unfortunately.

I still don’t fully understand. For E class it says 2500 so it’s actually only 500 and the dealer will also give another 2000.
For S class it says 11,000 so will dealer give me 2000 and I actually get 9000 from AMEX? Where is the dealer 2000 even mentioned?

If you do not have Amex there is just dealer cash.
Every model has different dealer cash and on the top of that “amex bonus”
All incentives mf and rv you can find on edmunds.com

As an example see below