Leave RAV4 prime & buy 30 days later

Trying to see if this makes sense. Offer below.

Can I lease for 30 days then buyout for the buyout price on the attachment? Would that get me this rav 4 prime for before $40K

No one could tell from what you posted. We don’t know your trade etc…

Yes but the monthly payment is irrelevant for that purpose.

What’s the MSRP and selling price?

Hey guys here is the purchase price. New photo

Here is the window sticker.

These have been discounted at many dealers in MA or via brokers here. Shop around. It looks like you’re just getting sticker.

1 Like

My biggest question is can I pay one month of the lease and then buy it out for the residual price of $27300

Is there a broker than can help me buy a rav4prime today in mass?

Assuming you’re leasing it through TFS, then yes you can buyout the lease as soon as the deal funds and the account is available online.

I have two MA dealers I can intro you to that have discounted for me on Primes just shoot me a pm.

1 Like

Great. So in this scenario this would get me the $6500 rebate only available to lease and effectively get me a rav4prime for under $40K? Thank you all in advance for saving me from making poor decisions.

Not for the residual. It would be closer to the selling price.

Got it. So doing the work of leasing only to buy a month later does not make sense.

It would be net of rebates, but it wouldn’t be the $27,300 residual. That’s only after you’ve made all payments.

Depends. Would you get the $6500 incentive if you purchased?

That’s it! The reason I’m trying to do this lease and then buy a month later is the prime has a $6500 lease only rebate.

This is my first time trying this scenario so trying to fill in the gaps of everything I don’t know. I don’t want to be stuck a surprise when I try to buy it next month.

So then you need to be comparing your net out of pocket cost between each scenario

With enough discounts it may indeed be possible. But remember the $38,167.44 balance in that quote includes $3,500 out of your pocket. You’re just skipping a step of taking that trade equity as a check and depositing it into your bank account.

PS it maybe worth more than $3,500 to the highest bidder. Don’t forget to maximize the value of your trade.

This seems like the play.

My only other thought is the Mazda cx90 PHEV. It has higher msrp but It has $7500 lease rebate. and I get $500 loyalty rebate.

I thought I read they were selling 10% off MSRP which could conceivably provide a bigger better PHEV SUV for similar cost doing lease for 1 month then buying the vehicle.

10% may or may not be possible…locally. And remember that most northeast brokers don’t work with mass clients.

While it’s bigger it’s not necessarily better. Toyota’s PHEV tech is more mature while this is basically Mazda’s first attempt.