Leasing will be a bit more expensive in July for 17MY

To all of the lease hackrs shopping for a 17MY lease, you will want to try and finalize it before July 5th. Most lenders switch RVs and rates after the July 4th holiday weekend which should mean the current rates, RVs and incentives are good through July 4th.

The RV forecasters have seen market prices at auction drop more than expected so they have made steeper than normal negative adjustments to the RVs for July. The Fed also increased rates for the second time in recent months so I expect MFs to also be a bit higher. This means the lender’s cost of borrowing funds increases so to make the same margins, they have to price the MFs up a little bit. (0.00012 to cover the 0.25% rate hike). OEMs and lenderswill always resort to higher incentives to hit their sales targets but this environment makes it difficult to measure demand levels and competitor programs which are the 2 things the incentive/pricing folks are trying to measure when they set their RVs, MFs and incentives.

I think that in general this collectively will make 17MY leases a bit more expensive. If you are shopping for an 18MY, then the pricing won’t be affected much because there tends to be less support on those anyways at this point in the model year.

2 Likes

Thanks for useful info.

Is this any affect market 0% APR for buying also??

It will make it a little more expensive for the lender to do 0% APR.

When do dealers start to push the 4th July bonuses? Or is what we see now as good as it will get?

That I have no inside knowledge on and I’d imagine it varies greatly between brand. Perhaps someone closer to the dealer side of the business can comment on that.

1 Like

I been trying to get a 2017 Grand Cherokee Limited and they are selling well or the market is supporting these high prices. With just first month and dmv for a 46,735 msrp i am getting 500 including loyalty and 1000 certificate. For a Summit with 59,800 msrp i got quoted 799 a month (no loyalty for this as for a friend). Pretty impressive for a jeep. Can get a GLE for that money.

Will you message me re Jeep Wrangler Rubicon lease? Im in Denver, and hope that you have a good contact at local dealer that works with CU leasing.
Your posts have been very informative.
Best regards

Will you message me re Jeep Wrangler Rubicon lease? Im in Denver, and hope that you have a good contact at local dealer that works with CU leasing.
Your posts have been very informative.
Best regards