Leasing questions - best terms for a Wrangler 4xe

New to leasing here. I’m working on leasing a Jeep Wrangler 4xe Sahara from a dealer in Louisiana (I live in SC). The reason for leasing is because I want to explore new hybrid options and upgrades in 3-4 years. I worked with Clutch Auto deals and got an estimate for 36 mos/10k miles for about $440/month. Are there any benefits of going to a higher mileage or longer lease period? tbh I don’t understand residual and MF and all that. What are the terms you all leasing on? Also what is the process for buy out and selling it after the lease period?

I’d recommend searching the form. The answers to all of your questions can be easily found using search.

1 Like

I wouldn’t assume that the dealer in LA’s numbers are going to be anywhere near Clutch’s numbers.

Beyond that,

We always recommend the following method before you ever contact a dealership. If you do all of the work up front, you’ll have a stress free dealer experience and set yourself for success.

1. Read Leasing 101 (EDITORIAL | LEASEHACKR) to understand how to calculate a lease payment and the variables. Monthly payment is an output, not an input!! While you’re at it, be sure to watch the LH video (How to Use Leasehackr - YouTube) to brush up on how to most efficiently use the resources here.
  2. Pick a specific vehicle that you want to target
  3. Gather the current MF, RV and incentives from the LH Calculator - Lease Program Query or Edmunds forums for your zip code
  4. Research the LH marketplace and other deals that have been made recently on your vehicle - what was their pre-incentive discount? How did their lease terms differ?
  5. Plug your numbers into the LH calculator (CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR), and use a pre-incentive discount similar to what you have seen
  6. Create a target deal, this is what you’re trying to negotiate to. You can try different terms, selling price discount, etc. and see how your monthly payment is affected. It is also possible that different trims of your vehicle may have different MF and RV (i.e. this is very common with GM), so make sure that you look into that. Come up with a set of inputs that give you the output that you want - your desired monthly payment.

With a target price determined, you now have a deal to pursue and compare dealer offers against. More importantly, you have a solid foundation to work from.

Search the forum. There’s a huge thread with lots of Wrangler 4xe info.