Leasing outside of Arizona? - Kia EV6

I’m in negotiation with a dealer in Arizona and I live in Utah for a Kia EV6. The dealer just asked me if I live in AZ. Has anyone leased a Kia out of state? Should I disclose to the dealer?

Unless you live in AZ, you don’t have a choice but to tell the dealer. How are you going to register the car? What address do you plan to put in the paperwork?

If the dealer won’t work out of state, you can’t force them to. Better to know now than later.

And yes, there are dealers that work with out of state buyers, but some chose not to for business reasons.

1 Like

Thanks! My dad lives there so I guess I could register it there, but ultimately I would like to transfer it to utah either immediately or down the road

Dealer is going to ask you for driver’s license, proof of insurance and other docs, incl a credit check (which asks for permanent address). Not trying to dissuade you, just think about all the steps you’re trying to hop to to save a few bucks - is it worth it? Or find another dealer?

Plus Kia is notoriously slow at titling and paperwork. So you may find the vehicle in AZ for awhile. Anyway, good luck however you decide.

Understood. The dealer incentives here and so much better otherwise I would try Utah. Ill tell them and see what happens. Thank you!

1 Like

Incentives are based on your address, not the dealer’s.

The discount may be better there, but you dont get any more incentives by using an AZ dealer.

So both zip codes have the same $7500 national discount but then the Arizona one has a bigger dealer discount. You’re saying that they can’t give that outside of Arizona? Just making sure I understand

Dealer discounts are not incentives.

Incentives are based on your zip code. If they get the same incentives, it doesn’t matter.

The dealer discount is whatever the dealer wants to do. Doesnt matter where you live.

1 Like

Mind sharing the AZ dealer? I’m in AZ and the ones I’ve talked to so far have been playing games.

1 Like