Leasing Out Of State But Can't Travel

I am planning on leasing a car out-of-state but cannot travel to pick up the the car. Reason it is not local is because the model and price I want is not available in my area.

Can my husband pick up in my place or is my only option shipping the car?

Why not ask the dealer you are planning the get the car from?

2 Likes

Sorry if it wasn’t ok to post. Dealer is closed now so was looking for a more immediate answer from people here.

Internet strangers should not be your source of info in this case.

2 Likes

Put him on the lease as primary and give him the power of attorney to sign for you.

3 Likes

It’s not that, it’s that a major factor here is going to be what the dealer allows.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip. But we would be using my credit for this. With his he would not get tier 1.

If you’re both on it, that shouldn’t be an issue.

2 Likes

Thanks! This helps a lot.

1 Like

Find out from the dealer if it’s okay to electronically complete the transaction and have your husband pick it up. It’s similar to shipping where as you might complete the transaction and the third party just delivers.

Another extreme action is to add him to the contract. Since you’re credit is tier 1, adding him shouldn’t necessarily change the deal.

Lastly, you might have the make the sacrifice to find the time and go pick it up or deal with a local dealer and pay more.

And 3 years of on-time payments might help his credit score.

3 Likes

Aside: I feel like somewhere along the way, people were mistakenly told for auto loans/leases that one bad bureau in the couple make a boat anchor.

One good score gets you T1/buy-rate (if you know that and insist on it), but to your point Max bad scores don’t get better (or agonizingly slowly) without more positives. Adding them doesn’t harm you financially and benefits the lower score over time (after the new dti pushes it down initially)

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.