Leasing in Oregon

I don’t see too much mention of OR/WA on this forum. I understand that Northeast and SoCal are big markets but there appears to be almost no brokers or topics about good deals in Northwest. What’s the reason?

It was briefly mentioned in some posts, but the PNW has significant barriers to entry for brokers. IIRC it’s along the lines of having a physical lot and store for your business (or something like that).

I’m from the PNW, forget about getting a SoCal/Northeast type deal from here. Shop around and ship back and you’d still come out ahead.

If you mention the word California to a dealer in Seattle they’ll stop the conversation and tell you straight up sorry we can’t compete :smile:

1 Like

So my best bet would be to ship from Midwest or East coast? Can I ship from California? How much does that run, roughly?

Best bet is probably California Your shipping will be less if you do ship, and it’s still decently competitive. What brand are you looking for?

CA would be your best bet.

Shipping from SoCal (did it 3 times) was from $600-700 for open to $900-1000 for enclosed transport.

I’m looking for a Volvo V9O CC. I’d appreciate any recommendations for SoCal brokers. Thanks!

@Benedetto would be your go to shipped Volvo broker. He ships a lot of business, highly recommend.

I contacted him. Still waiting for a response.

Worth it, the dudes a god at remote deals.

This is a barrier in most states. Most (but not all) of the brokers on this forum are NOT running an operation legally per the rules of their respective state.

The bigger issue is simply market conditions and competition being less of an issue than a bigger market like Tri-state NY, DMV, SoCal/NorCal, etc.

2 Likes

Are there any NorCal/SoCal brokers who also help with shipping? I only see local-only brokers.