Leasing help please 2021 Honda Odyssey EX Lease in NY

@mllcb42 Ok, thank you. I’ll find out all of that stuff on edmunds and recalculate. Thanks for the pointers

@jamiemose I really am trying to educate myself as much as I can. I want to be as proficient as I can; so that I can negotiate a great deal with my wife’s car as well as mine in a few months. All of your suggestions are only helping me for the future. I really truly appreciate everyone’s feedback. I will do exactly what you and @mllcb42 said. I go step by step from there. Thanks again

4 Likes

2021 Honda Odessey EX Lease in NY

MSRP $35,585
Selling price $33,500 (5.9% off msrp)
Months 36
Miles 12,000
MF .00112
Residual 60%
$1,000 insentive
DMV, Tax, Fees and 1st payment: $1,500

They are taking back my 2017 Chrysler Pacifica lease with 2 payments left @ $314 a month

Monthly payment taxed: $389 a month

How am I doing so far? I want to negotiate the selling price but wanted any advice on what else I could do.

Thanks,

Brian

What is your pre-incentive discount target established based on reviewing comparable deals?

@mllcb42 I couldn’t find anyone that negotiated selling price for my trim level in NY. The closest I got to seeing what others had got as a selling price was in CA and 2 trim levels higher. They had received about 4k off msrp.

We have definitely had a handful of ex-l posts come through to reference. Worth comparing the programs. I wouldn’t expect a significantly different pre-incentive discount percentage between an ex and an ex-l

1 Like

@mllcb42 Ok, thank you very much. Matt, you’ve been very helpful guiding me through this process and I’m extremely grateful for the help (where to find mf, residual, incentives, etc.) . I saw a bunch of touring posts but that could be from the way I was spelling Odessey.

Spelling the name wrong definitely does make the searching harder.

Getting a good deal on a lease largely comes down to doing your homework to establish your targets and being confident enough in your numbers to stick to them. From there, it’s just a grind.

1 Like

You have to look outside the city for a good deal. Dealers in the city don’t really need to discount much

@Anhelenuk1 ok, thanks. I’m on Long Island though.

If you willing to go to CT I can link you up with a dealership where I got my pilot and few other people got crv at much better deals then five boroughs

The more you restrict yourself, the less likely you are to get a great deal. If you can save thousands by traveling an hour or two away, it’s probably a great use of your time.

1 Like

@Anhelenuk1 sure thanks, I’ll give it a shot. When leasing out of state do they charge you NYS tax because the car will be registered there or do they charge their own state tax?

You pay sales tax based on your zip code. Dealer takes care of it and mails you new plate to your house

Here is good resource for specific pricing on Odyssey. Many of these are purchases so incentives may differ.

1 Like

Ideally you need to be shopping where there’s competition and dealers don’t view shoppers as a captive audience… so mainland NY, NJ, PA, etc.

1 Like

thank you @d_sharp2003 & @max_g

Is this Honda Finance lease?

@Zenek This Money Factor / APR is through Honda using US Bank

Personally and from experience I would go with Honda Finance. It will cost a little more but it will be easier to get rid of the car if needed.