Leasing Car with Sunroof/Moonroof

You would want a car with a panoramic roof. Seeing the sky unobstructed is great and makes driving more enjoyable.

2 Likes

To each its own, I canā€™t imagine driving on the highway with a fully open sunroof due to road noise. On the other hand, I enjoy the brighter cabin appearance with the sun shade open. Im so used to sunroof in a car that a vehicle without it seems too dark inside (specially if its black). I always have the sunroof shade open on all the cars that I have had. I simply canā€™t drive having the shade close.

The glass remains closed or tilted open and allows you to continue enjoying your music :grin:

3 Likes

I canā€™t imagine keeping it open all the time. When itā€™s overcast, itā€™s lovely to have it open. Otherwise, itā€™s closed. The shade is beige, so the interior is nicely brightened, but even a lighter color shade is really effective at cutting the heat.

Ugh, leave it to Ford to f*ck something up.

1 Like

I am dating myself, but a Sunroof is solid and a Moonroof is glass. I havenā€™t seen a Sunroof in years.

5 Likes

Probably completely correct. Pano roofs are so common now that I use sunroof/moonroof interchangeably and to mean ā€œnon-pano.ā€ :wink:

My 1987 Honda Civic had one. After that, moonroofs and pano glass and pano roofs.

1 Like

Iā€™d get a Suburban, with a sunroof/moonroof that way if you have kids, youā€™ll have room for the car seats too. Or just get a convertible and donā€™t have kids

This is a good point (and not necessarily one you were trying to make). I have relatively short arms and thus sit very upright while driving. I think a moonroof (esp a pano roof) is more about enjoyment for the passengers. Itā€™s not like I can really see ā€œupā€ while Iā€™m drivingā€¦

Plus, moonroof sounds fancier, so manufacturers can charge more for them!

1 Like