Leasing an older "new" model year?

Hi all

Looking at inventory at local dealers for 2024 Rams 1500s. One dealer near me has a few “new” 2023 rams on their lot still. Seems kind of odd to have had a 2023 sitting on the lot this long? It’s not some weird build or anything - black Laramie with the usual packages. It seems like the warranty would run from when you purchase the vehicle.

Is there something I am overlooking here?

edit: and right as I hit enter I realized incentives like loyalty aren’t going to apply to prior MY vehicle.

There may no longer be lease support for 2023 vehicles.

if the car is new, the warranty runs from the date of sale.

Right, I guess that would be a big issue. Didn’t think of that either. Thank you.

Not odd, Benz still have plenty 2023 model on the lot and they still have lease support.

It’s not at all odd to have a 2023 left in May 2024. There are still 2022s out there, brand new.

Makes sense. I am calling to find out about lease support for '23 models.

Looks like the 2% affinity should still apply but any loyalty/lease cash would only be on 2025s (not sure if you know these specifics, just putting it out there vs starting a new thread)

Haha I think they’ll even lease out a 2022 model year SL.

1 Like

I don’t know how 22 SL lease support is still alive.

Search for RateFindr on the forum

So, there is still lease support for '23 but the residual seems to take a big hit vs a 2025, plus lack of incentives, so doesn’t seem like a great target. Was thinking they’d be motivated to get it off the lot.