Leasing a car , unemployed

Ah, yes. Agreed.

Timing counts as well…credit crunch

Folks that are super well off usually have income, such as interest, dividends, rent, etc.

1 Like

Everyone is worried about bank fraud, but I’d like to know how to be unemployed with a car lease too.

OP, you have a sugar ma?

2 Likes

Yes I have leased in the last two months.

Well I guess your file is so good they don’t need to check. The OP might not have such a clean record

Is there any limit for number of active lease accounts one can have? Or does it just depend income to debt ratio?

Thank you!

How many are you going for?

Same goes for credit cards
I was told that scholarships count as income too :money_mouth_face: :money_mouth_face:

Do you have any other sources of income? If you have decent credit and can afford a 1 pay, you should be able to lease a car.

Not usually. Unless they have at least 25% down

They usually ask for income and not employment and income that can mean potential income. Alimony, child support, and dividends, etc

I’ve been leasing over 20yrs and never been asked to substantiate my income.

You can hypothetically put down “what you think” you’ll make this year. And no that’s not fraud.

As long as your credit is good, you’ll have no issues.

You still need to answer the employment question on the application.

Example…

Self Employed - Title : Internet Automotive Leasing Advisor or Professional Pocket Pool Advisor.

You get the point.

im going to apply to be a neurosurgeon and then put 500k as income. :laughing:

3 Likes

I do. It’s fraud :grin:

Do you actually have rental properties in a foreign country generating income?

5 Likes

I just came on here to make a suggestion, but I don’t want to end up in the Meme thread again :frowning:

1 Like

I’ll ask the question OP doesn’t want to ask: can he list his income from selling drugs if he hasn’t been paying tax on it?

5 Likes

Trade and agriculture startup founder.

2 Likes