Leasing 2023-2024 Acura A-Spec in Houston Tx

Hello Hackers!!
I am a Houstonian, with a 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec that I love but am interested in upgraded to the newer model, I went into my old dealership and the was introduced to the lease option. Thank God I got the numbers and left to do more research. Basically he offered me a 2024 RDX A-Spec for $50k MSRP, $26073.35 residual after 3 years, offered me $24.5k for my current Acura that I owe $20.6k on, but ended with a note of $550-600 monthly w/ $1k d/p. I didn’t feel that was a good deal for me and the 15k annual mile limits was concerning since I’m at 66k miles after 3 years. Do you?

First issues was price, because I went online to find several of them for less than $50k, second I was offered $27.5 at another dealership for my vehicle, third he didnt explain where the positive equity in my current vehicle went towards the new deal, fourth the monthly was too high for me.

My questions are: Can anyone give me the MSRP for 2023-2024 RDX w/ A-Spec, whats a good money factor and explain what happens to the money from the trade during the lease deal or should I not allow them to trade my vehicle? Also are there any other tips for leasing in Houston/sugarland area. thanks so much.

Loving the wealth of knowledge this group of hackers has

How do you expect any lease to work out for you?

What do you mean by that?

If youre averaging 22k miles per year, youre likely better off purchasing

You realize all leases have mileage limits?

If you drive 22k miles a year, there is probably no scenario that a lease makes sense for you. Buy your new Acura and drive the wheels off of it lol

1 Like

I actually purchased the RDX as a loaner car so it already had 16k miles on it. Which results in me only driving 50k miles in 3 years which is a little more than 16k miles a year.

I didn’t purchase the car new, it already had 16k miles on it.

1. The last 3 years included several months of very little driving for many people so how much you’re driving annually now is probably more relevant.

2. Even if you drive no more 50k miles over the next 3 years, that’s still 5,000 miles of overage you’ll need to budget for on top of a 36m/15k lease.