Leases on Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV?

anybody know how these are leasing in Socal?

I’ve been following the reviews and they are mostly positive.

has anybody had any luck hacking an outlander phev deal?

1 Like

Mid 40s Residual, .00330 MF and no $7500 rebate make it a purchase car for sure

2 Likes

Probably makes it a “steer clear” car rather than a purchase

3 Likes

that was my fear :frowning:

Does it have to be a PHEV? If not, perhaps look at the Rogue? There seem to be decent lease deals on those.

Is this the case? I saw this on the Mitsubishi website advertising 7500 lease incentive plus additional 1500 lease cash, but the one local dealer I asked about it seemed totally clueless - was trying to tell me tax rebate depends on my tax/financial situation (obviously false)

https://www.mitsubishicars.com/new-car-lease-special-offers/outlander-phev/7454_12019

Do yourself a favor and don’t buy or lease a Mitsubishi.

1 Like

Read no further…skip this one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did look for a quote on one, as I did believe a lease could work out well, though, think they’re quoting me collectively, between the lease and/or residual about $7,100 too high compared to how the #'s should pan out. Would be curious to get some feedback further, as I do feel as if there could be potential for an Outlander PHEV lease - I’m interested in it cause it covers the to/from mileage I do to work, and like the two extra seats in a pinch when family is in town, and prefer a vehicle that qualifies for the NY Long Island Expressway HOV lane for my commute.

1 Like

I recently got an email about their “Spring Sales Event”. It says up to $7500 in lease incentive plus additional $1500 lease cash. I’m not sure what the “up to” means, but it did say something about the incentive being a cap cost reduction. I’m assuming the $8321 cap cost rebate includes both of these promotions.

1 Like

Newbie here. Was considering this - but the purchase payment on the PHEV is a bit out of range for me, and the lease I was quoted was basically worthless, might as well purchase. I did NOT see a deal like posted above.

Don’t forget that Mitsu dealerships are fewer and a warranty service might impact your decision over price.

The Outlander PHEV is also something we were looking at because the only other competing PHEV, the Sorento, is much higher both in in MSRP and lease deals.

But I haven’t seen a very good Outlander PHEV deal even with the $7500/1500 incentives (admittedly I stopped asking a month ago).

As for service, we have one dealer close by and 2 others farther out but as long as it behaves like most cars…we only have to take it in once or twice a year for maintenance and it’s a lease so not worried about the long term.

I hear some negativity about Mitsubishi here on LH but I believe the Outlander PHEV is quite popular overseas.

Mitsubishi posted this offer a few days ago… if I could actually find a dealer in Florida who would honor these terms I would sign, but so far they have been evasive or non-responsive… surprising considering there are over 1,000 of the PHEVs on lots now and climbing.

Any Mitsubishi dealers or brokers out there can help me out, maybe even beat this?

Lease example for 2023 Outlander PHEV SE S-AWC, MSRP $42,480 plus $1,345 ($1,470 Alaska / Hawaii) destination and handling. Net capitalized cost is $32,600 and includes $595 acquisition fee, $6,321 Federal EV tax credit, and $1,500 in lease cash. Available through Santander Consumer USA, subject to approved credit and insurance. Qualified lessees of a 2023 Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV may qualify for up to a $7,499 lease incentive. Lease incentive is offered by a third party as a cap cost reduction, is not within Mitsubishi’s control, and is subject to change without notice. Lessees cannot claim a tax credit on personal tax return. Consult a tax professional for details and eligibility requirements. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. Restrictions apply. Incentives referenced are for informational purposes only. Contact your dealer for details. Offer valid from 4/4/2023 through 5/1/2023.

1 Like

Which part of the term are the dealers not honoring?

I wouldn’t pay the roughly $600/mo that is for an outlander phev

any of it, but it appears specifically they don’t seem to be able to compute the cap cost reduction listed by santander. just getting real numbers out of these guys without going to the dealership for a test drive is a PITA.

I wouldn’t just for a lease, but the incentives are a good way to get a discounted cap cost: the discount more than pays for the cost of financing for that period of time. Really I’d like to own it, but bump the main cash outlay down the road by a couple of years, and provide some optionality to return the vehicle after 2 years if it doesn’t perform the way I expect.

Which also makes me ask: if my plan is to buy it out at the end of the lease, am I planning to run into any issues with that (i.e. not getting screwed by a dealer) in Florida for a Mitsubishi leased from Santander?

Do you really want to own the sinking ship of value that is a Mitsubishi? I can only imagine how painful the TCO on this is

1 Like

Only Certain Models (SEL) get the $7500. Follow this link

1 Like