Leasehackr Signed Deals Database

Lol, what did I wake up too and what storm did I stir up???

This has gotten way out of hand, a simple idea that was intended to just collate the signed deal/trophy thread into a more digestive alternative has been blown out of proportion. The only thing I was adovacting for, was an easier alternative to view the data rather than using the search function. It is no different today, for a member to search and find a signed deal that has not been verified by the public other than people saying congrats.

All of this has created a great idea that I think we all can come together and hopefully implement.

I really do appreciate the work brokers and dealers provide on this site. I understand there is a whole thread where brokers and dealers post their info. What if LH created a landing page on the main site with more targeted data for newbies and members a like looking for deals in there region.

Talking out loud…

A more dedicated landing page that shows all the dealers in the specific states they cover and what brands they cover, pricing for their services and a standard of how their ads are advertised to show consistency across the forum to be easier to review for others looking across different brokers. I know there was a separate thread about this but that thread went nuclear as well hah. I also know there is a link to the broker thread but if I were a newbie, I would be overwhelmed by how many broker threads there are and which one to choose out of the mix since everyone has their own style, separate way of advertising, own google spreadsheets and it would take a lot of investigstive work to find exactly what I needed etc…

Again, thinking out loud and open to suggestions to better this community and I think we need to do a better job highlighting the work and service these brokers and dealers do on this site. The more deals they can capture with dealerships, the better it is for us commonors :slight_smile:

P.S. This site has gainer significant traction over the years and more and more newbies are popping up hence the (how do i replicate this… . 10 months later) so alongside website refresh to help newbies, we also need to find a more accomodating approach in the forum itself. We too often blast newbies for bad deal posts so the above with more informative broker/dealer info would hopefully help drive business and direct traffic more efficienrly.

Btw sorry all for starting up a s*** storm.

2 Likes

Glassdoor is extremely inaccurate and a prime example of data that only comes from the disenfranchised or corporate Hr overshadowing company benefits to offset the low reviews. Your suggestions do not help the community because anyone can grab a broker deal work up an email and start hitting the dealerships. In fact the vast majority of legacy users on this site love the chase more than the vehicle itself. We are serial shoppers and many of us have had 40+ vehicles. If you need to be spoon fed every detail then start with the lease hacking 101. If your to lazy to do that then giving out the dealer info, or pointing them to a inaccurate data dump is even worse. What happened to the days of chasing a boy/girl and the excitement of them saying yes…these spoon fed people are the exact reason we have division in our country don’t bring it in here.

His idea is to have one person input the data. How would that be inaccurate? How would more data, in addition to broker data not help people? Your argument doesn’t make sense.

2 Likes

How much data do you think will be provided for input. It’s a massive waste of time because whatever was done last month can’t be duplicated this month. It’s a massive waste of time, learn the basics, find incentives go get your vehicle.

1 Like

Sounds to me like brokers want a monopoly on data.

5 Likes

My friend I’m a broker to bring good pricing to people in the Midwest. A good deal in the Midwest is 6-7% I have two dealers willing to do 10% and match coastal regions if I can bring a specific amount a month. There’s a data set for you…as many have stated take our deals and run with them…I love seeing someone beat my deals. I am a consumer as well.

1 Like

I just want to summarize what I’m seeing here…

The OP asked about creating a centralized place for people to post their deals so that the consumers here would have better access to real data and a bunch of dealers/brokers seem to be talking about how the consumers having more data would be the end of the world.

That reads to me like a bunch of dealers trying to use a site meant to educate consumers as a revenue generator and are getting upset over the idea of losing that advantage.

I get it. As a dealer, it is in your best interest for the consumer to be in the dark as much as possible. As a consumer, it’s in our best interest to level that playing field as much as possible.

Let’s just cut the crap and be honest about motivations in this discussion .

8 Likes

Thank you mllcb42! The brokers are starting to act like a cartel, it’s getting out of control, but also entertaining to watch.

Please provide me the data that will get me that $500 a month M3 @Bostoncarconcierge was able to help a fellow member get…then we can all bombard these dirty dealers till we get our way.

1 Like

Well, if there was a signed deal database with that contract in it, all the data required would be right there.

Having the information that says “this is what it takes” doesn’t mean every dealer will do it, but it tells you the route to get there.

3 Likes

Which is what this site is about and when you post your deal sheet in ask the hackers don’t we all provide that insight in real-time?

And then there’s a whole separate section where you go oh marketplace…save time and money? Sure I’m in

3 Likes

Have you ever wondered why we the dealers/brokers post spreadsheet in the first place?

Some do post MFs and the residuals on the spreadsheet! It’s because we want customers to know that we are being transparent and there isn’t any hidden costs, and etc.

And also to mention, the calculator is provided and also Sharing thread is provided, so that hackrs, supporters, and dealers can chime in to judge

1 Like

Again, I would really question the Quality of this data. If, even just a few, pieces of data in the database are both incorrect, and out-of-date, it would be very hard for someone to retroactively scrutinize whether or not a deal was feasible/actually happened.

The sad reality of any site on the Internet is, as more people discover it, the quality of data that the general public submist gets worse and worse (examples: Facebook, Reddit, Twitter, etc). There becomes too much to moderate, and, the idea of a pristine data lake that we can all sip analytics from is just a lofty dream (without tech company VC to engineer machine learning to moderate it). It devolves into a data swamp,

You don’t want LeaseHackr to devolve into a data swamp of invalid lease deals.

I like the idea that brokers, who have a financial stake in having accurate pricing, continue to post very transparent current numbers across many brands. This data would be much easier to standardize and mine/analyze. I think most brokers accept that plenty of people use their numbers to shop their own deals and never engage the broker, and are fine with providing that service for the people.

Glassdoor is inaccurate, but websites like levels.fyi are very accurate, and they have much less control over user submissions than glassdoor. Sure there are some definite mis-entered or troll data points, but overall they are pretty solid.

No doubt that there is a business model that recognizes the market that is this site, presents the product in an appropriate manner to capitalize on that, and understands that the path to being successful here isn’t by playing the normal dealership games but rather by offering the path of least resistance to volume bonuses. Which is great and adaptive to a situation where the customer is more informed.

This thread is literally a prime example of not seeing the forest for the trees

3 Likes

Getting that data may not be feasible, but that isn’t to say that it isn’t valuable or desirable for the consumer.

1 Like

Agree! There’s no point in spending any software engineering effort on data organization and analysis if it’s not feasible to get clean data.

1 Like

Data doesnt need to be perfectly clean nor normal. Most corporations today just want data (the more social media data the better) and will develop the right normalizing processes to deal with the data. The key here is ensuring the collectiona and tagging is normalized and repeatable versus focusing on trying to clean the actual data itself.

2 Likes

I still think the only sustainable way to do this is through OCR technology but it’ll be $$$$

3 Likes