Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

Are salesmen really stupid, or do they just act like they are? Like when I got a Lincoln a couple of months ago, the salesman said he knew nothing about what goes on in the finance office, and the only thing he knew was my name and address.

Itā€™s just how people feel in general, has nothing to do with $$. And like was said above - even $7/mo may be $500 over the time of lease/loan.

1 Like

Iā€™d say 99% canā€™t calculate a lease by hand. The smart ones usually move up fast or switch dealer for better payouts from what Iā€™ve seen.

16 Likes

Confused Marvel Studios GIF by Disney+

So, you are saying we donā€™t trust the dealers and not the software? lol
Software is what it is, the numbers make all the difference.

software I trust.

1 Like

4 Likes

Former sales and former finance manager hereā€¦

Yes, there are MANY stupid people in the industry. Sometimes they play dumb, sometimes they are dumb.

12 Likes

15 Likes

12 Likes

@xmonger

24 Likes

The vast majority are not told any details, taught those details, or have access to programs. From a managerā€™s point of view, all the salesperson has to do is close based on the numbers on the paper. How those numbers get there does not matter.

When I first started, it wasnā€™t ā€œhere is a mf, RV, etcā€. It was ā€œhere are the payments and down payments, get them landed on one of themā€.

9 Likes

I believe this is 100% correct.

Most salespeople I have dealt with know zero about the deal/numbers by design. Many have been shocked when I just walked right into the shot callerā€™s office and sat down to begin the dance.

ā€œI have never seen anyone do that beforeā€¦ā€

6 Likes

A brilliantly designed system to extract as much profit as possible. At least thereā€™s negotiations. Many of our systems thereā€™s few and itā€™s a much bigger scam. :eyes: :hospital:

2 Likes

I was off by 2 cents calculating by hand in the dealerā€™s office once, but it was 2010. I probably couldnā€™t do it nowā€¦ LH spoiled me.

4 Likes

Not sure I can either. My dealer spoils me and leasehackrs keep me in check if they make a mistake.

1 Like

capitalism tag line

3 Likes

4 Likes

36 Likes

they should really start advertising birth control and condoms on this site. pair it up with some pictures of hot sports cars with good lease deals.

3 Likes