Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

This just made our day. :joy::sob:

3 Likes

Yes, it is. Someone was asking why the dealer’s payment was $7/more more on a financing deal. The most likely answer is that the dealer is using 45 days for the first payment instead of 30 days.

3 Likes

if one is going to do something stupid at the dealership just say you found it on reddit :lying_face:

1 Like

11 Likes

I don’t see any reason why the buyer can’t ask that. Assuming it’s 72 months that’s $500. Dealers get so flustered if you question anything, part of the reason people have such mistrust. They also throw 25 documents in front of you to sign sometimes. :joy:

5 Likes

I agree and take the time to walk them through our numbers. Usually it is something simple like they forgot doc or title fees. But it is annoying when they are certain their homemade excel spreadsheet is correct and the software we/the banks use is somehow wrong.

5 Likes

Eventually you’ll get a check in mail from dealer for miscalculated doc fees.
#trustbutverify

*Proprietary Spreadsheet

Signed,

Engineer

5 Likes

Agreed. Mine is always out of state customers that don’t factor in the tag fees we pay the runner. Then they bitch about that…well I could take 4k off instead of 5k and call it even for the $200 fee :joy:

3 Likes
4 Likes

What color is your Subaru?

4 Likes

No subaru, winter salt beater is 11’ v8 genesis (that may or may not always have a key in it, downtown SYR M-F, if borrowed please total)

4 Likes

Very well-played.

2 Likes

It’s not the software they think is wrong. It’s mistrust for dealers and what they may slip in there.

2 Likes

At $30+/mo, sure. When you have someone arguing over $2/mo, it is really about them just being right.

3 Likes

fantastic show (and episode)

Had a dealer mark-up a money factor 5X the base. They wouldn’t show me numbers so I asked for pen and paper then I figured it out. I said its 5X the base MF, their response was they reserve the right to make money on the MF, I said yes offcourse but before I came down here you agreed to base MF. They responded, yes and here you go we’re fixing it.

1 Like

This.

Always clarify the terms and decide if it’s worth your time to take the next step.

Why isn’t this being offramped? I want more memes :joy:

Responses in the form of meme only

2 Likes