Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

5hnv1f

8 Likes

Not the right meme tho

3 Likes

I may not have quality deals to post, but I like to think Iā€™ll always have quality memes

14 Likes

What happened to the UtzFactor feelTheUtz or whatever that guy was

5 Likes

12 Likes

holes

6 Likes

He was too ahead of his time. Too sophisticated to be understood by mere shitposters like us.

8 Likes

from Imgflip Meme Generator

2 Likes

That twist at the end :ok_hand:t4:

We go for a test drive and he seemed to be pretty educated about it which was nice so I played along and let him do his thing. During the test drive I knew that this vehicle was probably going home with me. however, I did tell him I wanted the SX in Wolf Gray. The sales rep tells me that this vehicle was the only one on their lot and there is no way for them to get the vehicle due to the shortage that is going on and they donā€™t know what will be coming to their lot or when and they canā€™t do any dealer to dealer trades. Fine. I didnā€™t want to do black again but whatever. Cut to us going over paperwork, the vehicle is MSRPā€™d at 32k but the paperwork he brought to me stated that it was 46k because of market sales adjustment. I had a huge problem with paying an extra 19k for a base model vehicle. I did however get a 5k discount on the market sales adjustment due to the vehicle not being the trim or color I wanted. I still had an issue with paying the extra 14k and sat there at that dealership for 7 hours and finally got that down to just 7k. I know the sales rep was so annoyed with me by the end of it but damn. I ended up just leasing the vehicle because again, it wasnā€™t what I wanted but I was in need of a reliable vehicle so I felt like I didnā€™t have much choice in the matter. But yeah, 19k over the MSRP is ridiculous. donā€™t let those dealerships fool you when they tell you they canā€™t bring that price down because they definitely did for me.

16 Likes

happy time GIF

3 Likes

Thatā€™s not real right?

3 Likes

Unfortunately, this is a real story. I saw it on some of the Telluride forums or groups I follow. It blows my mind that people are paying 10k or more over sticker for these things. My wife really wants one of them in the SX Prestige trim so I was shopping locally and found that every dealer in the Phoenix area is marking them up 10k-15k over msrp. I ended up ordering one from a dealer in Colorado that will sell it to me for sticker, which still makes me cringe, but happy wife happy life right?

After itā€™s all said and done, the kicker to this is the fact that you still have to deal with Kia franchises, which are some of the worst I have ever dealt with.

6 Likes

5i3b9r

21 Likes

Fixed that for you, donā€™t shoot Kia because the dealer wants to make $$$ of you. Because all dealers want to make $$$ off you.

You also learned a good lesson, going into a dealership means wearing a sign called sucker over your head, calling and emailing other dealerships at least removes the sign and you start negotiating fairly.

Iā€™m sure that CO dealership wouldā€™ve ripped you for $$$$ if you walked into their showroom.

Sad state of affairs for sureā€¦for a Kia on top of it!

What the hell is the payment if thereā€™s 7k of market adjustment. You canā€™t get a Tahoe/Escalade for a comparable payment?

You only wear it if you are a sucker. Otherwise, there is nothing wrong with going to a dealership.

2 Likes

I never said that I visited any local dealers. All of my communication with them was over email or text.

My experience with Kia dealerships comes from when we bought my wifes old Kia Cadenza.

Do you really think the same person wouldnā€™t have ended up paying over sticker on a tahoe?