Leasehackr Meme Lounge (Part 1)

It’s a big deal to you on how it sounds on the outside? Because I’m fairly sure that on a BMW you can tune the fake exhaust notes pumped through the radio with bimmercode. The exhaust thing is just insanely polarizing though. MPE does nothing for performance, it’s literally a way to spend money on something that makes the car sounds obnoxious to some, and super awesome to others. while I was reading that thread all I kept thinking is “the dealer prevented my $60k+ BMW from sounding like $2.5K ricer Civic and now I’m mad!”

1 Like

Yeah used to be flanked by neighbors with a Hellcat and a DB9 and they both go to work early. Needless to say not a fan of their exhaust notes.

1 Like

The M Performance Exhaust is a masterpiece and I will not let anyone bad mouth it.

At least on the M3/4, there is a 20lb weight reduction, reduced back pressure, and thinner tubes gives it an exotic car sound. And the pipes are extremely heat resistant, which is better when pushing the car.

1 Like

100% agreed. Even a 440 with the MPE sounds nuts

1 Like

Which is why I said It’s a polarizing issue. To you it’s a masterpiece to me it’s a multi-thousand dollar fart can.

1 Like

yeah, my friends say the RS3 sounds ridiculously obnoxious and are embarrassed when I pick them up, which is the vibe I’m aiming for

1 Like

6 Likes

The factory RS3 isn’t even that obnoxious. It is pretty tame compared to a lot of other performance cars.

But your premise of

is completely wrong since it adds multiple performance benefits. So even if it wasn’t “obnoxious”, it is still not money thrown away.

1 Like

oh absolutely. Planning on doing midpipes soon. I think it is surprisingly loud compared to the sleeper looks - it doesn’t especially stand out from an A3 at first glance

1 Like

If you want to have a debate on MPE peformance we can take it to PM, 20lb weight reduction is nothing, and everything I see even from BMW it has either no or insignificant performance changes, so at the end of the day it’s a noise changer. Even if it did anything for performance, which again, I can’t find anything that says it does, the peformance increase per dollar spent would be pretty bad. Again, there is nothing wrong with you spending your money to make your car loud, doesn’t mean that my opinion on paying that amount of money for noises is any less valid.

Missing a gigantic wing, but otherwise checks out.

It has a deployable wing. Look again.

1 Like

Is there a “neighbor” mode where you can lessen the exhaust noise?

yeah it’s switchable. I also live in the middle of a big city so I don’t have to worry about it too much - there’s way more ambient noise than a single car’s exhaust

3 Likes

9 Likes

No longer flipping it?

:chocolate_bar:

Nah never really seriously considered it. It’s perfect for me - was tempted to sell while the market is crazy and then buy later, but too much effort

1 Like

5 Likes

I’ve become obsessed with the 2.5l I5 engine. Hope the new one actually comes out.

:chocolate_bar:

1 Like