LeaseHackr Calculator

Is there an option to roll in all fees and taxes into the calculator to get an accurate " taxes and fees rolled in" payment calculation if that’s the lease structure we’re going with and I’m just missing it? Or it just has to be calculated manually after it pushes out the numbers?

If not, can that be considered as an update in the future? I believe I saw a topic the other day asking for suggestions. Just a thought!

Hey Hackrs,

Can you help me understand something regarding the calculator?
From what I see, it looks like paying the Fees up front will increase the LeaseHackr score since it reduces the monthly payments.

However, on this forum I see a lot of people suggest rolling fees and taxes into monthly payment, which according to the calculator makes the score of the deal lower.

Can anyone explain to me which is typically better?

Rolling the fees into the monthly would include them in the capitalized cost, so if you have a non-zero money factor, you’re paying some amount of interest on them. This would increase your total lease cost by a small amount.

Any amount paid up front is at risk should the vehicle be totalled. Reducing your risk means rolling everything into the payment. Generally, with a low MF, the risk is greater than the reduced cost.

2 Likes