Leasehackr Calculator Just Got Better – New Lease v. Finance Calculator

It depends on the monthly programs which vary by region, but there are caveats. Dealers can mark up the $595 by $300, or CCAP can return a different acq fee. I ended up paying $895 in lieu of a $595 acq fee when I ordered my vehicle through the same dealership.

We haven’t been able to come up with a “Financehackr Score”. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Depends on the state too. This is a tough one as there is not a universal application of trade in tax credits for leases or purchases.

3 Likes

There hasnt been a straight answer as to what the ccap acq fee is or if its even consistently the same. Ccap’s documentation certainly leaves room for it to vary.

Pumped!

" This deal rocks!“…” Meh"…“Fuhgeddaboutit”

A post was split to a new topic: 2022 Kia Forte GT - Calculator Help

It is $595 - every other broker on here (except us) marks it up by $300 to $895. I’ve yet to see a region where the standard acq fee is $895.

Very great solution !

Thank you for the finance calculator !

You brought up a good point! We thought of creating 2 input fields to capture Trade-In Equity, but decided against it because it would create more clutter. Definitely open to change!

Regarding the tax benefit – do you know which states allow you to deduct the trade-in value from the tax liability? I am throwing this question out to the community. If it’s a rule in large states or applicable in many states, it’s definitely worthwhile to program it in!

I think it should stay as one box. Anyone can calculate their equity from their payoff and purchase offers. Unless I miss something.

Not VA, for one.

1 Like

Your holiness, please do not make accusations that every broker marks up their acq fee. You are not aware of the details behind every deal we closed. We had Acq Fee vary from $0 - $895. We reflect the fee that CCAP brings back.

hey guys - the lease calculator is wrong. when you start playing with capping and uncapping fees, it just keeps adding them to the monthly payment.

1 Like

You are right. Let us fix it. Thank you for letting us know!

when you check bank fee, it reverts back.

honestly - the previous structure was a lot more intuitive. one section for program info, another section for cap info, and then fees and taxes at the end. lot easier to follow. the layof was cleaner.

I believe Illinois is up to the first $10,000. @wam22 could probably verify

It is not anymore. It is the full credit again as of 2022. It is better just to have the option to turn that feature on/off than change it state to state. The user should know what their state qualifies for like how taxes on a lease are monthly, total cost, etc. @littleviolette

3 Likes

@aronchi Actually I think you were loading an outdated version of the calculator. I wasn’t able to replicate the issue based on the current version. Could you try clearing cache and see if the issue persists? Some browsers cache old scripts so they don’t get updated right away when you reload the page.

The current layout is pretty similar to the pervious one in our view?

it actually seems to work. i know @Benedetto had the same issue when we connected earlier. seems to be fixed.

Dr Evil Whatever GIF

2 Likes