Leasehacking Basics Video! (VINWiki)

You could spend 5 minutes looking through the forum and trophy garage to see what people have gotten in the past…

Historic data is only as relevant as its applicability to current and future transactions. Gas used to be $.10/gal and houses used to cost outright what I pay now just in yearly property tax so I must be getting ripped off, right? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The answer is it depends. Some $80k cars can be had for a lot less than $800 a month. Some $80k cars will be a lot more than $800 a month.

If the question you’re really asking is “are there some $80k cars in some situations that can be had for under $800 a month with $0 das,” the answer is absolutely yes.

Thank you sir, thats all I needed to know. I appreciate it.

why do I get a feeling that you are going to go out and start asking dealers to lease you a 80k car for $800/m?

3 Likes

Not sure why you are getting a feeling about anything I do…Apparently you judge strangers by semantics and sentences. Why do I get a feeling that this is a group you belong to and your using my post as a way to fit into said group by belittling me with very unimportant statements. Hopefully were both wrong.

1 Like

This is the internet, that’s how practically everyone operates.

I think what would be useful to you is to ask the question HOW to get a 80k car for 800/m, not if you can. That video basically covers it. For reference, last month I helped a friend get a 48K car for $370/m with zero due to signing. The monthly payment ISN’T important. What is important to understand HOW to get there…

1 Like

Because we get lots of people that come in here, ask very generic questions, and then run off to the dealer saying “LH told me I can get any car I want for under 1% of MSRP per month!”

Your question, followed by not asking any follow up questions to the responses you got other than acknowledging you got the answer you wanted to hear, feels in the same vain. Doesn’t mean it is, but I also got the same vibe.

I don’t need to know “How” at the present moment. That is what this forum is for, I will research and hopefully get the necessary explanations of things I don’t understand. I needed to know if it was worth it to learn everything. I presented my goal, if you experts said, “NO cant be done,” even by this method then I would have moved on. Your second post was at least civil,…but trolling people on a car lease instruction forum hours after registering? Come on dude…

1 Like

If only most of the new people through here felt the same way…

1 Like

Apologies if you felt that way. But there are many people who want to get the deal at their price point without putting in the effort. Sometimes it works, sometimes it just frustrates the dealers.
The video at the top is right. If you have a specific car in mind:

• look for what is a reasonable discount
  • check what incentives you qualify for and what are available in your area
  • make sure you get the base MF and possible MSDs to reduce MF further
  • enjoy the hunt

Also, ignore the 1% rule. Its stupid. Chevy Bolt is going for 0.5% these days. On most days you can have a BMW for <1%. Hondas and Audis are hard to hit 1.2% even. and everything I have said in this para is a massive generalization

I totally understand where you guys are coming from. I appreciate the help and the future help I will ask for. You might not want to steriotype so quickly tho, based on a few sentences. New people come here everyday. There is a car I want. I am in the pursuit on getting it. I need to know how you guys do it. I will pull my weight and research, Im just anal that way. I know you are too. Thats why I’m here. Again, thanks ahead of time. Im good!

Out of curiosity, what car are you after? We can probably give you a rough estimate on if you’re looking at an easier process or an impossible task.

Not in this thread, though.

1 Like

True enough. @mharris09, if you would like, start a new thread and we can discuss what kind of fun you’re in for.

pm’d you…

1 Like

That will be the plan down the road. As you told me as well as a broker’s info, the car I’m after will be very difficult. Im not ready yet, so Im going to learn all these acronyms, math, etc. Hopefully the time will present itself. Then well start the thread and you can look over my attempts. LOL.

1 Like

I found it super helpful. Thank you!

Would someone be kind enough to post a sample (generic) email that should be sent to a dealer for negotiations.
Thank you

1 Like

Great advice