Leased a new car 13 months ago and barely drive it due to covid

Just a random rant…I was so excited to get my first crossover Cadillac XT4 in late 2019, take friends out to concerts, sports, tailgates, and then damn covid hit. And I barely drive it. I’m like what a great car, as I drive 1 mile down the road to the grocery store back. ugh.
Just another overall covid related letdown.

1 Like

you can always put it up for lease assumption if you don’t really use it.

Lease transfer it

Swapalease.com

Road trip!

1 Like

You just gotta take yourself on some road trips. Make it worth it! Check out some other grocery stores across town or something :joy:. I’ve had to find a million excuses to drive my F-Type too since I’m so far under miles. Just force yourself to find excuses to enjoy it.

2 Likes

Forcing yourself to enjoy… interesting :thinking::grin:

2 Likes

I put on about 20k miles amongst my vehicles in 2020 and thats with working from home 99% of the time.

Always somewhere or something new to see or visit :slight_smile:

6 Likes

:joy: you know how it is. Sometimes I think to myself…

I could easily go to the local Asian supermarket here in the neighborhood. OR I could drive 20 minutes to the big Ranch 99 in Monterey Park which has way more variety and is next door to a bakery I like.

In fact, I was just there yesterday but might go back again today. I kind of need more salmon for sushi tonight.

You just gotta get creative :grin:

1 Like

See, I could go to the Asian grocery in Harrisburg, and I end up driving to the H mart in Rockville.

1 Like

My man. You know what’s up.

1 Like

My S60 (soon to be replaced) :crossed_fingers: is 90% highway miles. Absolute dream of an effective .24/mile mile muncher, even though I’ve only put 6k miles including my commute in an entire calendar year, including 3 months of non covid driving.

We took 8 road trips in 2020 — all in the Jag. With the pup.

Still under miles, but only just barely.

The F-Type is most certainly not a road trip car. But sometimes you just gotta make it work :nerd_face:

3 Likes

I even know why, it has nothing to do with grocery shopping lol
I’m still under 7k miles after 21 months :unamused:

3 Likes

Well they’re in the neighborhood. But the Frederick h mart isn’t as clean, Catonsville is meh, and it’s another 20 mile down the road, plus there’s a better fish selection, and a really good pho spot.

It’s super hard to find a good Asian grocery and I’ve been going there longer than I’ve known sina :laughing:

Also @ursus correction it’s Gaithersburg.

A much bigger error if you were in the Metro and not the Beltway. The Wholefoods in Rockville is IMHO the strangest in the entire US.

I’m at just over 12k miles after 15 months in the XC60, and agree I look for reasons to drive more — conference call from car at beach? Why not. Try a different Costco 20 miles the other way? Definitely.

And usually find opportunities to blip into Polestar. The struggle is real.

There’s no shame in hitting up the Costco that’s 10 minutes further to save $0.10/gal on gas! Also that Volvo app puts BMW’s to shame

Not the Volvo app, it’s FuelMonitor. I have history for last 3 leases in there, got a recent UI update.

I’m sure like everywhere, different Costcos have different stuff: one has the best alcohol selection, one has wayyy more food, one has more electronics, one has better outdoor stuff in season. The southern-most one has Mexican coke and a lot more spicy stuff (if you’re into that). Only one has a car wash (hey it’s a lease). In normal times, they are all perfect substitutes.

2 Likes