Leased a 2021 Acura TLX Base $350.71 per month 3410 due at signing...Is this a good deal

, , ,

Hello everyone was looking for some of your opinions from some experts here on how I did with a lease I just signed, I know the car market is much different now than a year ago. Its a 2021 TLX Base FWD. I ended up putting 3410 due at signing which included such things as doc fee, electronic filing fee, taxes, and registration fees, along with first month payment. My monthly payments are 350.71 per month for the next 35 months and I have 7500 miles per year. I leased the car from a dealership in Pennsylvania right outside of the Philly area. I will attach a pic of my contract and a pic of the car. Let me know guys how did I do.

Oh forgot to mention for the cash rebates, there was a 2500 conquest rebate in october, and a 500 dollar college grad rebate. The MSRP I got the car for was 39,183.51.

If you and Roja are getting along …then yes

Congrats, enjoy the new ride and submit your deal to the “SIGNED!” database

That’s the sales price. What was the MSRP on the window sticker?

Congrats and enjoy

39,045 …

Thanks for the input guys

I think it’s a decent deal considering the market. Yeah, it’s like almost $450/mo effective, and you probably couldve done a bit better, not by much.

Am I calculating total cost properly is it 35x350 plus 3410 which would be 15,660 then I divide that by 36 which would get me 435 is the cost of the lease per month.

Yes, that’s accurate. I think you did good in this market. This is basically a MSRP deal. The $2500 conquest and $500 college grad helps.

Not a bad car for an effective $435pm. I maybe would’ve sprung for 10k miles. Not sure what you’re gonna do with only 7500 miles a year. That’ll be a garage queen. I suppose if that’s all you’ll drive, then fine.

I personally would have structured it differently and wouldn’t have put down $3,400. I would’ve rolled the taxes and bank fee into the payment.

In a market where people are paying thousands over MSRP, you did well.

1 Like

You did great. With brand I sell a a car 7-8k less would be the same payment. Great brand to lease and great car.

Thanks guys for all your help. I got the 7500 miles because it’s my second car. I only drive it like 1 or 2 days a week. I have a mustang that’s much more fun to drive that I drive much more :slightly_smiling_face:. I will include a pic.

7 Likes

Needs vary dramatically, that’s why there are different lease terms.

I’m at 8,825 miles, 29 months in.

~300 miles a month is normal usage for me.

1 Like

Ya, that’s why I said if that’s all he drives then he’s fine. Average is 10-12k per year .

Sometimes folks are misled with 7500 mile leases as it obviously leads to the cheapest (most attractive) payment.

Yes, I know, but I see that comment a lot in response to people who have low-mileage leases.

When someone posts a 15k/year lease I’ve never replied and said,

“OMG, YOU’LL NEVER USE ALL THOSE MILES (unless you really will).”

1 Like

Pre pandemic, I don’t recall ever seeing sub 10k leases being promoted except on exotics.

My guess is there will be many posts in 24-36 months about how to handle the 10-20k in excess mileage!

Very true, but I think most people that need the 10k will most likely get it, because in my case it was only 10 dollars a month more

It seems like a pretty decent deal in this market. I briefly considered A TLX earlier this year (before the shortages really hit hard)
Pricing was not far from this

Nice Shelby BTW

On a side note, I hope FORD finally decides to lease out mustang GTs….

Thanks for the compliment but the mustang is actually a regular GT, it just has the GT500 front bumper. Bought the mustang last year as a rebuilt title it was a nice little project as I was working remotely all year last year because of covid.