Leased! 2019 Boxster S 39/15 $1,398 including tax, LEP, PSMP 50k

10k is around $200-$300. 20k is around 600-900. 40k service is between 1800 and 3k depending on your location and how much you want to get ripped off. So yea between 2.6 and 4.5k total for 10k, 20k and 40k services…if you get it done at an indie shop, obviously you’ll pay less and if you do the cabin filters, oil filter and spark plugs yourself, can get it all done for $300 for those 3 items and pay $150 for brake fluid flush.

1 Like

He’s about to spend 56K on a 3 year lease so i guess even if he buys one for up to 50K he will still be better off.

2 Likes

That doesn’t leave much room for interest and maintenance.

If you are a Porsche buyer you have good credit by default. At 2% interest with 20% down your interest cost should be around 2500 for 3 years.

Source, please.

PenFed is offering 36-month terms for used cars at 3.99%, so I don’t know where the 2% interest is achievable.

Added benefit of having the sweet NA flat 6 engine note.

1 Like

Buy an out of warranty car for 50k with 45k miles, and drive 15k miles a year. Then it will be worth peanuts when selling it. Not sure how that alternative is a better option.

Never said a word about it being so.

You are forgetting that your alternative in this case is spending 56K on a lease. Even if you sell the car for 15K in 3 years you will still be better off by 15K.

4 Likes

I’m sure the extra out of warranty repair work and maintenance will eat into that a bit. Obviously not (well hopefully not) $15k worth.

I think the 48K quote that someone posted here was a CPO so likely not much other than routine maintenance.

i’ve seen 2% promo rates every now and then. Just did a quick search and saw a CU with 2.2% but not sure how easy it is to qualify. Based on the same source BofA’s current rate is about 3%

The 36/15 would have cost me about $70/month more than the 39/15 which works out to about $2450 more over the lease term.

Except the Boxster S has a 4-cyl engine, no?

60+ month car loans at 4.5%+ are an essential part of any well-designed wealth prevention plan.

Do several of these in a row and you’re really on the right track.

3 Likes

The projected expenditure cost based on your numbers is less than 1k difference. Realistically, your Boxster would have been worth more than what KBB projected. The 2016 and 2019 cars are different, after all

Equivalent Boxster S cars from 2016 are selling for over 48k retail in multiple markets around the country, I doubt even rough trade in would have actually been 35k.

With that being said, glad you’re happy with the lease. It’s a magnificent car and you should be proud to own it. I used to hate the Boxster, but since they modeled it after the Cayman I’ve been falling in love with the open air-ness Too bad I’m 6’5."

2 Likes

This was in reference to the linked CPO 2016 Boxster S earlier in the thread.

2 Likes

A 6yr old Boxster S with 90k miles is worth more than peanuts

1 Like

If this is the case, OP can probably try to trade in to Vroom/Carvana/Carmax at 35m mark and see if he HAS positive equity

2 Likes

I definitely prefer leasing but I see really bad wealth preventing leases every day, so you can’t generalize like that. There’s no better wealth prevention than spending 56K on a 3 year lease. That being said if you are in a position to spend 56K on a 3 year lease you are probably wealthy already and money is a secondary concern.

1 Like