LEASED: 2018 Buick Encore Preferred MSRP $25,360 $104.78 15k Zero down

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: [2018 Buick Encore preferred front drive]

MSRP: [$25,360]
Selling Price: [$23,400]
Rebates: $8,043.39 [$2,000 GM cash, $750 select market cash, $3,000 conquest, $750 flex cash, $1,543.39 GM card cash]
Trade-in: [$0]

Months: [24]
Annual Mileage: [15,000]

MF: .00206 [.00131 + .00075 to waive $650 lease fee]
Residual: [.62]

Security Deposit: [$0]
Total Due At Signing: [$0]
Monthly Payment (incl. tax): [$104.78]

Zip Code: [22968]
Sales Tax Rate: [4.15 levied on net sale price] - $33 per month approx in payment

Leasehackr Score: [16.9 years]

Could not get the tax to work on calculator by approx $72, so added that to dmv fees.

My GM card earnings of $1,543.39 saved about $71 per month.

Would have been about $94 per month for 12k and $83 per month for 10k.

6 Likes

WOW - Damn awesome deal! Congrats!

btw just curious … would you not count your $71/month as a sort of down from your end? Asking because not everyone has the GM card earnings and that makes the deal ‘unable to replicate’ controlling for other rebates that people are more likely to qualify for. The card earnings are more unique IMO to each buyer.

Sorry don’t mean to make your deal sound less exciting because even at $174 ($104.78 + $71) you made a solid deal. When I did my search with Encore, I had two good offers at $199 for Encore Preferred FWD (MSRP: $25,465) and $220 for Encore Sports Touring FWD (MSRP: $28,015) .

2 Likes

That’s awesome, congrats! Kinda confirms that the pricing I was able to get is most likely bottom for this month, since that’s where everyone else seems to be ending up too. If only I had another 1500 in GM rewards lying around, would make it really tempting to eat what’s left on my Chevy.

I suppose the GM card earnings could be said to be a down payment, but I did not have to write a check either, so yeah either way.

Also keep in mind VA tax of $700 added $33 per month to the cost instead of like most states adding a few dollars of tax to the payment.

Honestly I think they overcharged tax by $72 but best to let sleeping dogs lay.

1 Like

True but compensate that with untaxed incentives and lower VA taxes, albeit on sale price and unlike other states that taxes lease amount only

I see anything coming out from my end whether in points or $$ is my down so I won’t calculate LH score based on that unless it’s like really small like $100-200

Enjoy the ride … share some pics when you can

To be fair, GM Card did give me the $1,000 bonus earnings, I only had $543.39 on my card.

Anyone who might ever consider leasing a GM should get a credit card and get some earnings on it. GM offers bonuses a couple of times every year. They also got me a free $100 in accessories or labor from the service department last year. It is essential for GM leasers!

My GM credit card bonus earnings were only good through the end of February. Were your earnings good in March ? Or did you work the system ?

Good job! I leased the same vehicle last month. Your deal beat mine by around (all in) $60 a month. I wouldn’t quality for the conquest lease though.

Mine were good from March until April 2 I think. They mix and match the card holder offers. My wife was getting all the offers last year now I got one this year.

Nicely done… Congratulations !!!

Edit: out of curiosity, did you try doing a one pay for this?
Was that effort worth the savings it may bring in to the equation?
@adamcar

Awesome. So basically the deal I have is sign n drive and pay 159+tax. For 2yr 10k miles. Is it fair to say that if i pay that 1543 for, payments should be 94 bucks a month + tax ?

I decided to give that Honcker app a try. Worked out pretty well.

Picked out an Encore Preferred on the app yesterday listed at $173/mth (all costs rolled in) except $278 down (which was first payment and some title fee) for 36mth/10k.

Didn’t know any other financial details but knowing what others were shooting for around here, figured it was a good deal if delivered as promised.

Well the car was delivered to my door today exactly as agreed. Never even talked to a dealer until just before delivery. Pretty neat having car delivered to you.

$25,790 MSRP
$23,018 Selling price
$5750 Rebates
NJ tax rate 6.625%
$172.xx monthly payment

1 Like

Why would you need service labor costs covered on a lease? Oil changes?

GM card doesn’t know if you leased or bought. Just that you redeemed earnings. We own other GM vehicles so it came in handy.

One pay would have saved about $325 over 2 years.