Lease Transfer: 2023 BMW X5M Competition - Effective $2,061/Mo

I have the 2021 version of this car (pretty much exact same spec too). Try the “speed limit” function and see if that makes a difference for her - essentially will cap the speed unless you press the throttle to the floor. I don’t recall the exact name of the function but there is a button on the left side of the steering wheel to activate it.

2 Likes

As someone who spends his time in history class in ghost mode on BP

2 Likes

What’s your payoff and what offers do you get from the online trade in sites?

1 Like

Too much.
and
Not enough.

4 Likes

You might want to see if the dealer will take it back in exchange for you agreeing to lease a X5 40 or M50 at MSRP (so it’s worth it for them) - probably still saves you thousands.

2 Likes

People of LH, if your relationship doesn’t hinge on your $130k car being too fast, are you really in a relationship at all?

4 Likes

My daughter has learned to drive solely on my wife’s x3m comp…when the time comes her SO will not have this same issue.

1 Like

Sounds like this would make a great ad for BMW M cars….

1 Like

**Might be better to enjoy the X5M and lease another X5 40i for her.

Before you do any of that, you should first get a sense of how much negative equity you have. If you won’t bother to do that, then you might as well just ask the dealer to just let you know how much money they want you to give them.

For $5000 would she be interested in a top trim Nissan Pathfinder for 18 months? Any unmentioned reason you couldn’t have two vehicles?

1 Like

Probably closer to $7k. And yet still probably less than NE here.

1 Like

Cool story bro, but pics of GF or it didn’t happen.

2 Likes

There’s no confirmation that it’s his gf. All we know is it’s a “relationship” with a “she”. It could be a parental relationship with his mom, and his mom is threatening to disown him.

He did note he thought about getting another but wanted to work it out. I offered to be his new boyfriend but he ignored me. Offense taken.

3 Likes

Maybe take that $5k and take her to the M driving school so she knows how to drive it and can just drift it around every corner. Then you get to keep the gf and the car

1 Like

Gorgeous car, absolutely loaded and excellent spec especially with the upgraded audio.

It’s gonna be a hard find someone willing to pay that much on a lease monthly.

I can understand someone getting shook after driving such car. But surprised that she didn’t realize this when she first test drove the car…

I hope someone takes this baby. Or as others mentioned, see if the dealership will work with you in taking the car back for xxxx amount and lease her a slower car.

Surprised @Phantomcypher hasnt said I’ll take it just front the bill

3 Likes

My father was able to exercise a cooling off period. He leased a Toyota Highlander and brought it back 3 days later and cited cooling off period in Michigan. He leased a Toyota Sienna from them in its place. Dealer took the highlander back no cost.

They either did it out of the goodness of their hearts, or they raked him over the coals hard on the Sienna, or he signed the original contract in his home, or possibly they were ignorant (although I doubt that last one). Just googled michigan cooling off period to confirm.