Lease Transfer: 2023 BMW X5M Competition - Effective $2,061/Mo

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2023 BMW X5M Competition

MSRP: $127k
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $2,220
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $2,061 ($5k cash incentive provided)

Current mileage: 100
Maturity mileage: 30,000
Effective miles per month: 854
Maturity date: March 4, 2026

MSD due (if any): $0
Cash due (if any): $0
Incentive for new lessee (if any): $5k

Financial institution: BMW FS
Transfer fee: $500 (new lessee pays)
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:

2023 X5M Competition.
Black Sapphire Metallic / Black with Midrand Beige.
Options & Extras include: Competition Package, Executive Package, Driving Assistance Pro, Bowers & Wilkins Surround Sound, Parking Assistance package, Window Tint, Ceramic Coating, 21/22" M Star-spoke bi-color wheels, and carbon fiber trim.

This is a brand-new vehicle that I leased a couple of days ago with no issues or accidents. Itā€™s a fantastic car, but Iā€™m trying to save my relationship.

It has all the options you could get. Non-smoker.

Photos:

1 Like

Couple days? Take it back to the dealer depending on state.

Better yet, find a new relationship, pretty sure this X5M Competition will be more fun.

5 Likes

Trust me, I considered finding a new one. Weā€™ve been together for a long time, andd Iā€™m going to try to make it work. Such a fun car, Iā€™m upset that I have to part with it like this but it is what it is.

1 Like

Keep the car, let me drive it, iā€™ll relationship you.

9 Likes

Ouch!

Such a nice car. I hope you have posted this on SwapALease too. You may have a better chance of getting this done over there.

And do check with the dealer. You could probably return and eat some ā€œRestocking Feesā€ thatā€™s less than $5K, as @zepp21 mentioned. Definitely worth a try.

Good luck!!

3 Likes

She wanna leave over a car - bruh let her

14 Likes

Nope. No state has a cooling off period for cars. It is a myth that continues to be perpetuated online, yet, when pressed, nobody has managed to produce proof supporting it.

Whether or not the dealer would be kind about it, if the contract hasnā€™t gone through yet, is another matter and totally up to the dealer, of course.

1 Like

Thatā€™s fair. I would be lying if I said that I didnā€™t consider itā€¦

1 Like

Thanks! I posted it on SAL as well. I wish it were as simple as that, but unfortunately, I have to either pay off the lease or trade in the car.

Iā€™m sure many of us would love the story of how this beauty came home as a surprise to the SO and has to be sold before the break-in period! Of interest is the maintenance is not transferrable and Iā€™m guessing the new owner would have to pay for aforementioed break-in service. No idea how much that would cost. I wouldnā€™t think too much though.

1 Like

What makes matters worse is the payment. Itā€™s not going to be an easy transfer without a massive incentive that wouldnā€™t be worth it.

2 Likes

Long story short, we were initially shopping for a X5 40i. I really wanted the M Comp. The dealer we happened to be at had a M Comp on the lot. We both test drove it, and she seemed to like it. The deal was finalized, and we took the car. The next day, she took the car out to run an errand. She came back shaking and incredibly upset. She said it was ā€œtoo much carā€ when she put her foot down, and she was terrified to drive it. So here I am (I left out all the subsequent conversations at home where we got into it, but Iā€™m sure you can imagine the rest).

2 Likes

May be donā€™t do any of these and ask her to drive in Eco mode or something?? It may still be faster being an M but see if she finds it palatable.

I am assuming money or affordability is not the root of the problem.

heck, thatā€™s an easy problem and will cost you way less than $5k to fix.

1. Lease her a Kia (OK, granted, this isnā€™t LESS, but a better option nonetheless)
  2. Put a block of wood under the go pedal whenever she drives
  3. Get a custom tune that includes a valet mode
  4. Have her drive it more and figure out how to NOT put her foot down all the way
2 Likes

Yeah, this was in road mode. I donā€™t think thereā€™s an eco mode. We went out yesterday morning and drove around where there wasnā€™t any traffic so I could try to make it more palatable for her. I think sheā€™s had a really bad experience with it and sheā€™s deathly afraid to get behind the wheel.

Just found this so ā€˜Eco modeā€™ is outā€¦

1 Like

This is why you donā€™t lease the wife an SUV made for track.

Oofā€¦ good luck with the transfer. That monthly payment will be a tough oneā€¦ especially trying to find a qualified transferee. Might want to seriously consider taking the trade-in loss or you might be stuck with this for awhile

1 Like

Going forward, sheā€™s getting a damn bicycle.

VW Beetle or 2 series

1 Like