Lease Transfer: 2023 BMW 530e, M-Sport Package, Valid CA HOV Stickers: $662/Month. $0 DAS w/$1500 Inctv 22MOS remaining

Please include monthly payment or selling price in the TITLE.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2023 BMW 530e, M-Sport Package

MSRP: ~ $63,540
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $730.49
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $662.30

Current mileage: 16,100
Maturity mileage: 45,000
Effective miles per month: 1200 approx
Maturity date: 2/26/26

MSD due (if any):
Cash due (if any): $0
Incentive for new lessee (if any): $1500

Financial institution: BMWFS
Transfer fee: $500
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): Yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details: Like new condition, no accidents or scratches. Had rims professionally powder coated, tinted and ceramic coat on the paint and all interior surfaces for additional protection. Like a brand new car inside and out.

Photos:

is this rwd or x-drive?

It’s RWD. No X-Drive on this

1 Like

Beautiful car, but at $841 effective per month + tax, I don’t see this moving here. Maybe if you drop the DAS.

As an aside, do you get harassed by bored police/meter maids for the non-dmv compliant plate?

2 Likes

The effective is actually about $930-940 after tax and amortizing $3,500 ($3,000 DAS + 500 transfer fee) over 25 or 26 months left after transfer is complete. Plus whatever BMW now charges for maintenance refresh as free maintenance doesn’t transfer for free.

1 Like

Dropped it down to $1250.

True, but I have taken over two bmw leases over the last few years. And both of them, I was able to use the free maintenance under the name of the original owner: they have no way of finding out if you make the appointment under the original owners name: worked for me at least.

That’s surprising. You would think that their system would auto-populate the name of the current lessee.

That’s what he’s saying: he impersonated the original lessees and he expects whoever assumes his overpriced lease to pull the same crap to get free maintenance instead of paying for refresh.

2 Likes

Yes, I realize that. What I’m saying is that it’s surprising that the BMW service software doesn’t pull up OP as the current lessee, since the lease has been transferred to his name. He’s claiming that the system doesn’t communicate with whatever system that BMWFS uses.

Edit: I forgot to mention: wouldn’t this present massive problems if you needed a loaner vehicle?

5 Likes

Yes it would. You need proof of insurance and a driver’s license to get a loaner.

1 Like

Yes and an even bigger problem for quality of sleep at night!

2 Likes

I’m just letting you my experience, not expecting anyone to do anything. I don’t know what has your panties in a bunch.

I had loaners multiple times too, under my own name and personal insurance. They didn’t mention anything.

Nah, the OP clearly doesn’t suffer from this minor inconvenience. He’s butthurt though b/c no one is bailing him out and he’s too cheap to offer an incentive to make it worthwhile. At ~$900 effective it is about $250-300 above where it should be.

Would love to see this garbage outta here. Another mooch to milk this site. Where are the mods when you need them, lol?

2 Likes

I’m only asking out of curiosity — no ill will whatsoever. The SA sends you over to the loaner desk. The loaner desk pulls up the service visit, which has the previous lessee’s name on it. Then you hand over a driver license and insurance card with a completely different name on it. They don’t ask any questions about this?

I do agree with the other people here that you probably have to drop the amount due at singing, and offer an incentive instead.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation, I understand. Really in no rush to get rid of it. otherwise, yes I could provide more of an incentive.

Honestly, I am not sure. But the few times I did drop it to service, they knew the lease and name on the car was different. And even during the check in for the loaner, they didn’t say or mention anything to me.

Maybe it’s just the dealership I visit, I don’t know. Again, just my experience. I’m sure other places might look at it more carefully. Not sure.

Please find me one that has an effective payment of $600/month with more than 1200 miles per month available. There are none out there.

Oh, you really want me to highlight how bad your deal is???

1 - most people driving 15k a year in So Cal go full electric with free charging as opposed to paying $5-5.50 a gallon. Or they just buy an inexpensive Japanese or Korean hybrid. And there aren’t that many people driving 15k a year anymore.

2 - even someone driving 7,500-10,000 mi a year would need to get a new set of tires before the lease end as these don’t last more than 25-30k. Wouldn’t be an issue on a new lease for most folks. That’s a couple of grand there.

3 - paying $500 for transfer and whatever they charge for refresh now ($100+?), then dealing with transfer paperwork between BMW FS and CA DMV - oh, joy!!!

4 - I actually priced out a $66k 530e back in April. With a discount in the teens and $3k DAS I was in the low 5’s before loyalty, fleet or MSD’s. I ended up with a $112K EQS for almost identical price. The discounts on the outgoing 5 series are much deeper now. There have been loaners in the marketplace discounted 25% and it’ll only get better now with the 24s coming in.

So, yeah, there’s nothing attractive about your offer.

4 Likes