Lease Transfer: 2021 VW ID4 First Edition - $493 w/out tax, $1000 DAS ($548 w/out tax effective)

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 VW ID4, First Edition

MSRP: $45,190
Monthly payment (pre-tax): $493.32
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $548

Current mileage: 23000
Maturity mileage: 45000
Effective miles per month: 1200
Maturity date: 7/22/2024

Residual amount: $20,895.50

MSD due (if any): N/A
Cash due (if any): N/A
Incentive for new lessee (if any): N/A

Financial institution: VW Credit
Transfer fee: $350
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no):

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:

Great Condition, Like New

Photos:

Trying to gauge interest in this vehicle as my family needs a larger vehicle. Will upload more detailed pictures if anyone is interested. Level 2 Charger potentially included with transfer. Thanks!

I hate to be the first to bring this up-----

Before you decide to transfer…make sure you are aware that you will still have lease liability even after the new owner takes possession. This is a major downside of VW leases.

if you already know this, ignore me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Definitely overlooked that. :frowning: thanks for bringing that up. Will have to think about his a bit more than. Yuck!

1 Like

I took over a VW lease 14 years ago (a car I wish I still had…a 2008 R32) and the deal I made with the seller to (partially mitigate at least his financial exposure) was that I made all remaining lease payments in one lump sum at transfer. Of course, this doesnt mitigate anything re: liability so he just had to trust me on that. He was a great guy and we still communicate to this day, but the reality was that he still was exposed during the lease term.

1 Like

Based on some feedback, I am pursuing trying to get a VW dealer to purchase it to avoid any potential headache. Will let you know if that changes.