MSD due (if any):
Cash due (if any):
Incentive for new lessee (if any):

Financial institution: Audi Financials
Transfer fee:$350
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:
Convenience package and cold weather package

Monthly payment includes Road Hazard Package($1450) and Audi Care ($999).

Photos:

2 Likes

Keep in mind that audi will not release you from liability even when the car is transferred. You will be on the lease contract till maturity date. If possible, try to sell the car to private party or a retailer.

Thanks a lot for the heads up, so are you saying I need to purchase the car first so that I can resell it? Is this the only way I can get out of the lease?

You can transfer, but you remain liable if the transferee does t pay damages, or the lease, etc.

Got it. Any suggestions?

Try carmax. They have good appraisals for audis. They can directly deal with vw financial to purchase the car. You can go into your myaudi account online and see what the current buyout price is

Don’t mean to pile on… but you should be aware that Audi/VW charges “market price” to third party buyers, which can be thousands more. Only the lessee (you) is/are entitled to their posted buyout price. Everyone else… Audi/VW basically tells them this is the price or go pound sand. It’s their asset and they only need to honor the agreement with the lessee.

Search LH for prior experiences with Audi/VW. GLWT

Edit: here’s a hand

3 Likes

Does your monthly payment price include NJ tax?

Message sent.

As alluded above, you can sell to any licensed dealer (branded dealers, Carvana, vroom, ALGO, Carmax, etc) without purchasing it first.

OTOH: Private individuals cannot buy it directly (would require you to purchase it first and pay TTL)

1 Like

Tax is paid upfront

Is there a down payment or any cash due?

Sent you a PM.

Good price on your monthly payment. Staying on the lease poses some risk but in years on this forum I have never actually seen an Audi horror story in regards to a transferee refusing to pay fees or damages. If you still consider the transfer route, steps you can take to vet for qualified candidates might be requiring a deposit pre-credit check and taking the car for a damage inspection at a dealership before finalizing the transfer that you both sign off on so there is no ambiguity about damage at turn in. Good luck.

I don’t think he’s looking to transfer it already lol

I transferred my VW, knowing the risk I wound up transferring it to a Doctor who just needed a short term second car while he waited for some new model whatever to come out for his wife.

He wound up missing two payments and my credit took a dive almost 120 points initially, from around an 820 to just above 700.

VW didn’t even call me to tell me, I found out via credit karma and had to chase him down because he couldn’t figure out how to setup auto pay.

Luckily we had just bought our house and I was already into a new lease, it took over 18 months to get back above 800. That would’ve really screwed me if I needed to qualify for something at the time. I tried petitioning the credit bureaus and VW to remove the remark but they refused.

12 Likes

Thanks for sharing that, I’ll be linking to your story as an example for others.

1 Like

Brutal. A warning to never lease an Audi if you need flexibility.