[Lease Transfer] 2018 BMW 330e and 2018 BMW X1

Hello Hackrs,

A sudden change of events (moving to the east coast) has made me need to get rid of both of our cars. I am looking to lease transfer a 2018 BMW 330e and a 2018 BMW X1.
THE CARS ARE LOCATED IN LOS ANGELES. Below is more info.

2018 BMW 330e:
Lease Start: November 2018
Lease End: November 2021
36/10k term
27 Months remaining with 925 miles / month. Car has 5k miles on it
Payment: $292.68 + Socal taxes ($27.80) = $320.48
Buyer pays: $500 fee and $1,000 to me.
I paid $2,500 upfront to reduce monthly payments. So I’d like to recoup some of that.

MSRP: 47,960
Car is equipped with, sports seats, blind spot detection, front and rear sensors, and red stitching, blue kidney grills.

2018 BMW X1
Lease Start: November 2018
Lease End: November 2021
36/10k term
27 Months remaining with 850 miles / month. Car has ~7k miles on it
Payment: $274.10 + Socal taxes ($26.04) = $300.14
Buyer pays: $500 fee and $1,000 to me
I paid $2,500 upfront to reduce monthly payments, so I’d like to recoup some of that back.

MSRP: $38.8k
Car comes equipped with heated seats, heated steering, moonroof, automatic entry/exit and trunk opening/closing.

Both cars are in excellent condition and I am sad to see them leave. Let me know if you have any questions.

what’s that “$1000 to me” ?

I paid $2,500 upfront on both cars and I’m looking to recoup some of that back.

Is X1 transferable with the recall ?

1 Like

BMW North America assured me the lease is transferrable with an active recall since there is no solution to the recall at this time.

The person you spoke to was misinformed. You cannot transfer a BMW lease with an active recall. I tried.

It will fail when they try to initiate it.

2 Likes

Are you sure MSDs are $2500? Shouldn’t they be $2450?

1 Like

Yes, I think 28firefighter may be correct. In the past when I tried to do a lease transfer and there was even a simple DME reprogram campaign active they would not start the transfer.

Perhaps in this case they will make an exception due to the nature of the recall campaign?

1 Like

So not moving anytime soon? Otherwise, I’d take the 330e once you’re in North East :grin:

I will call and speak with them again to confirm. I will update the post for the X1 once I receive more information.

This is not something we encourage or recommend. It leaves all of the risk on the original lessee, not to mention it is strictly against the terms of the lease of the contract.

In short, don’t do it.

3 Likes

Plus, it sounds like a craigslist’s response from an out of country car buyer.

2 Likes

Yup, not willing to take on that risk.

UPDATE: BMW X1 is not transferable due to the recall. Situation should hopefully be resolved by end of July.

1 Like

Hi is 330e still available ? interested and please pm the contact information so we can discuss about it. Located at SD but could drive north to pick up.

5+ months and no word from BMW on this stop-sale. :man_facepalming:t2: Surprised how many people aren’t aware of it or the impact.

Willing to bet the house on the over on this one.

1 Like

BMW 330e is currently being transferred and is not available.

BMW X1 will be sold to Vroom since the lease cannot be transferred due to the recall.

Mods please close post.

Thank you!