Lease Transfer- 2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus

Hello, I’m looking to transfer my lease on my 2018 Audi S4. Reason being is because I plan on moving to Montana and the nearest Audi dealership near me is about 3 hours away. I’m already 6 months into my lease with another 30 months to go. The car is located in Maryland. Here’s the option/packages on the vehicle. Please ask if you have any questions at all. Thanks!

2018 Audi S4 Premium Plus Packages/Options

• Mythos Black Metallic/Black interior

• Navigation Package
    Audi Connect Prime & Plus (6 month trial)
    Audi MMI Navigation plus w/MMI touch
    Audi Virtual Cockpit

• S sport package
    Red brake calipers
    Sport adaptive damping suspension
    Sport rear differential

• Fine Nappa Leather Interior

• 19" Wheel package
    19’ 5-spoke-V design wheels, contrasting gray 245/35 summer tires

• Carbon Atlas inlays

• Audi Beam- Rings

• Audi Guard all-weather floor mats

• USB Cable

MSRP = $61,150.00
Payment- $599.77 a month
Miles 3,300 and counting (I’ve had the vehicle since January 17th, 2018 so you have additional mileage to work with)
Remaining miles = 32,700
Months Remain = 30
Comes with AudiCare
I purchased and later cancelled additional coverage so roughly $1200-1300 will be credited to the loan so that’s two free months of payments.

Looking to recoup at least 2k so I can put this towards another vehicle in the future. I’ll upload more pictures when I get the chance.

You may want to check to see if you’re still held liable even if the lease is transferred. I know some captives hold the original leasee liable for the entire term of the lease and I vaguely remember Audi being one of them.

3 Likes

I’ll help speed it up. OP will still be held liable.

10 Likes

i looked into a lease transfer back ~ 2014-15 and it was pretty much impractical to transfer the lease to anyone except a family member. Which, I think, sucks.

Yep, you guys are correct. Looks like I’ll have to trade it into CarMax or just make the 3 hour drive whenever I need an oil change.

There’s no alternative auto shops closer than 3 hours?

1 Like

You dont need the oil changes to be done by Audi. You can find an independent shop with a good reputation. You just have to document you did the maintenance, not that it was done with Audi.

You can do oil change at any shop. There must be some national chain shops there.

services are every 10k miles, you wouldnt be there often

If you like the car, are comfortable with the payments, and it meets your needs, you don’t need to get rid of it. The car should need minimal work other than oil changes, as has been said here.

Now, if you’re simply looking for an excuse to get a new whip (been there), that is a different story. I’d be worried you would take a bath trading it in/selling it.

Didn’t know I could get the oil change at other shops. I did purchase the AudiCare so it would suck not to take advantage of that. I guess I can just purchase another vehicle to limit the miles on it since I’ll need to drive from Maryland to Montana. About 2k miles on the vehicle right there.

Can’t you call them and cancel the Audi Care?

I was told that wasn’t an option to cancel the AudiCare maintenance plan.

Told by whom? I’d call Audi customer care and ask.

Taking Audi care can improve the residual a point or so higher on at least some, maybe all, the models. So I wouldn’t be surprised if you couldn’t cancel it because the residual might need to change too.

Audi Financial Services stated AudiCare can be canceled and read the disclaimer to me. Dealership told me it can’t be canceled. Looks like I’ll need to stop by the dealer and taken care of this.

Can’t AFS cancel it for you? The dealership is only going to give you the run-around.

1 Like

The dealership isn’t going to cancel this for you, as they will lose money. Call AFS and cancel it.

Dealer cc’d me on emails to AoA AudiCare Plan. Listed my VIN, my name, and the name of the dealer. They replied back stating it was canceled. I’ll call in a day or two to AFS and see if it was applied or not.

I wonder if AFS will adjust your payments (or will charge prorated amount at the end of lease) if you got improved RV for purchasing AudiCare.