Lease Transfer 2016 BMW 550i M-Sport Loaded 586/mo+tax in Cali

2016 BMW 550i M-Sport

Hi everyone,

Looking to swap out of my '16 550i. I love the car but my commute is very short and I don’t really need such an awesome machine for it. My wife is giving me grief about the gas consumption also (only complaint is it really does get 15mpg in the city). It’s a great car and fully loaded. It’s also in mint condition and only has 9k miles on it… I’ll start with the lease particulars and then get into the car features, will upload pictures soon. I would not expect this to last so please contact me soon. This deal was only possible thanks to the people at leasehackr. I think the leasehackr score is an insane 12 years

Lease:
Maturity: 8/14/2019 (approx 24 months left)
Mileage: approx. 9900 currently, 30k lease, so you have 20100 to go or 870/month
Payment: 580.81/mo+ tax. My total in orange county is $625.82 but it will vary slightly based on your town/location.
MSDs: $4,550.00
Buyer to pay lease transfer fee from BMW. If you’re serious, I will consider reimbursing for that fee (reducing the MSD payment to $3950 to compensate for the $600 paid to BMW).
Extras: Rubber trunk and floor mats included free, I’ve been diligently updating maps so you also have the latest maps installed in the car.
I’m located in Orange County, California.

I presume most of you know about MSDs on here. Since they are no longer possible on new leases, I figure some of you will be interested in this lease as a way to “back into” having them. By putting $4,550.00 on deposit with BMW at the beginning of the lease, I reduced the monthly payment significantly by reducing the interest rate. Those payments stay with the car, so you’ll need to pay them to me when taking over the lease. But at the end of the lease (if everything is paid on time etc…) you will get a check from BMW for $4,550. There’s a lot of info on this, but I’m happy to answer questions. Of course I can provide documentation of the MSDs and BMW will confirm them in writing as part of the transfer process.

The Car:

Great condition, 9400 miles, White exterior and Mocha Brown Nappa interior. Car is absolutely loaded with an $81k MSRP. No problems noted, has already had first service, not due for another one until next April, and of course will be under warranty for the remainder of the lease.

Key features:
M-sport package - 19" staggered wheels, aero kit, etc
Executive Package - HUD, soft close doors, leather dash, Black Ceramic controls
Integral Active Steering - most under-rated package out there. Makes the car handle like a 3-series. On the highway but also in parking lots!
Luxury Seating - Ventilated, multi contour
Driver Assistance 2: Blind spot monitoring, lane change warning
LED Lighting: Full LED adaptive lighting
Smartphone Integration
Black Kidney Grilles

Please contact me with any qs. Pictures are here https://1drv.ms/f/s!AnYTFUkCOKd6gZJcJo2iI0gfvzl8yg

1 Like

Wow, great payment! Someone should grab this car quickly.

1 Like

Where in Cali are you?

1 Like

Hi, I’m in Orange County (Tustin/Irvine area).

Perfect car for me, I have a short commute and gas is cheap. I am seeing these models listed for $60k +/- but interestingly you would still qualify for the 1% rule. Will be down in SoCal in a couple of weeks if you still have it. What’s the residual?

1 Like

Easy solution,. Keep the car, swap the complainant

1 Like

Don’t expect it to be available in a couple weeks.

1 Like

Definitely interested!
PM’d.

1 Like

Residual is $54,334 - part of why the payment is so low. Of course let me know when you’re in town, but as another poster said there seems to be a fair bit of interest.

do you still have the car?

1 Like

Yes, I still have the car, PM me if you’re interested in proceeding please. Lots of nibbles but no takers yet…

Just a bump to update the mileage and note that I’m willing to “pay” the BMW transfer fee of $600 for an interested buyer.

By “pay,” I mean that the buyer should pay the $600 fee ($500 of which is refundable if the deal does not happen). This is so I know they are serious and I have heard it is also a BMW requirement. Then I’ll reduce the MSD payment by $600 to compensate.

Let me know and thanks!

That’s the best way to do it for precisely your reasoning, to make sure buyer is serious. Good luck!

Hi @bagspacked,

I’ve never done a BMW lease transfer before. Does the maintenance transfer as well? Reason I want to confirm is a friend who did a lease transfer recently was not able to transfer the free maintenance with it.

Thanks

I do not believe the maintenance transfers, but I’m not sure.

Fwiw, the lease is only 30k miles and 3 years - you’ll be on the hook for a couple oil changes. Even if you go to the dealer that is not going to be a significant expense in the grand scheme of the car. My guess is maintenance works out to a lot less than one monthly payment…

Of course the car will still be under warranty for the remainder of the lease.

Let me know if you’re interested.

Jon

Yes, I’m interested and would like to continue this discussion offline if possible (probably I’m new, won’t let me PM). Can you PM me the vin. Id like to take a look at the lease contract you have as well if possible.

Thanks

No it does not transfer. My brother just did a transfer.